Canceled my 2022 order today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think some people are missing the point. When you order a 2021 that never gets built, but dealer promises it's coming. Then, roll it to a 2022 and they promise it will get a build date soon, 3 months more no build date. I just got tired of the BS promises. I have a Gen 1 Raptor that I am very happy with, just wanted the tech upgrades. I happen to be good friends with a guy who's family owns a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealership and can get me a TRX under MSRP by $1K within 90 days when I'm ready. So, obviously the dealer either never had an allocation or for whatever reason my order never got pulled. Either way, for those that don't mind the wait, go ahead and wait. As for me, I just don't have the patience.
Your frustration is certainly understandable. And of course dealers aren't the best in communication, it's sad but true. TRX is quite a beast, I don't blame you for going with one. Let us know how you like it!

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think some people are missing the point. When you order a 2021 that never gets built, but dealer promises it's coming. Then, roll it to a 2022 and they promise it will get a build date soon, 3 months more no build date. I just got tired of the BS promises. I have a Gen 1 Raptor that I am very happy with, just wanted the tech upgrades. I happen to be good friends with a guy who's family owns a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealership and can get me a TRX under MSRP by $1K within 90 days when I'm ready. So, obviously the dealer either never had an allocation or for whatever reason my order never got pulled. Either way, for those that don't mind the wait, go ahead and wait. As for me, I just don't have the patience.
You could get 10k off MSRP on TRX. Email - [email protected] - L2 within 90 days.

OP
OP
M60gunr

M60gunr

Reaction score
Did you have a build date yet and a VIN? Does the dealer still get the truck made to sell or not?
I have a feeling zone rep was blowing smoke up my ass and just making false promises. When I spoke with my sales guy, he agreed with me. Never got a build date or VIN. I ordered through a commercial dealer, so he couldn't care less about getting the truck after I no longer wanted it.

OP
OP
M60gunr

M60gunr

Reaction score
I agree with the sentiment. I wouldn’t wait either. But now you know to ask the dealer if they have an allocation before you order. And msrp minus a k sounds high for a TRX. I’d just drive the gen one. Tech is so over rated.
Dealer I dealt with said he was a commercial dealer and didn't need an allocation. I had him reach out to Zone Rep just to make sure. Zone Rep said my Raptor order was all good and will be getting built. Honestly, allocation is crap. A paying customer should get what they order no questions asked.

OP
OP
M60gunr

M60gunr

Reaction score
How did you order a 2022 4 plus months before the order banks opened? Sounds like a Ram troll from the start. Get it before it’s cancelled.
Original order was a 2021 that I ordered soon as orders were taken. And for your information, I have always disliked Dodges / Jeeps. So keep looking for your "Troll" because it ain't me my man.

OP
OP
M60gunr

M60gunr

Reaction score
Your loss. It is an epic truck and so much better than the TRX. Good luck with your feelings watching the Raptors rip by while you are standing at the gas pump with your TRX.

We get it, Raptors are hard to get. Most things worth having are.
I currently have a Gen 1 with the 6.2. Best truck I ever owned and at least it doesn't sound like a v-6 mosquito fart. So, guess no loss afterall.

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your dealer is lying. You need to go do your homework. Ford is going to allocate the Raptor R just like the Ford GT , basically by invitation only and then ford has to " accept" for request to buy one.
Hey ME120, I’m not trying to argue but what I’m saying is two volume dealers are telling me that they have Buyers already willing to offer $40-50k over MRSP to buy a Raptor R, IF one even becomes available.
So if this invitation only process happens as you mentioned, the 99% of Buyers who don’t get that invitation and want to pay up for a Raptor R, I do believe there will be a market of folks willing to pay in the $150k+/- range to own one, especially if the truck is as rare as it likely will be.

Last edited:

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Gen 1 with the 6.2. Best truck I ever owned and at least it doesn't sound like a v-6 mosquito fart. So, guess no loss afterall.
You're smart not trading your Gen 1 for a V6. I wish I never bought a Gen 2. Sure the Gen 1 is slower but the overall driving experience is better. Between the cam phaser bull-,****, the hard downshifts and turbo lag, even after a transmission and engine tune I still wasn't happy. My TRX should be to my dealer next week. Good luck in whatever you decide.

By the way, I ordered from a dealership in Burnet, TX @ invoice before all these dealerships were discounting below invoice and so far they have been great to deal with. Let me know if you'd like their contact info.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hey ME120, I’m not trying to argue but what I’m saying is two volume dealers are telling me that they have Buyers already willing to offer $40-50k over MRSP to buy a Raptor R, IF one even becomes available.
So if this invitation only process happens as you mentioned, the 99% of Buyers who don’t get that invitation and want to pay up for a Raptor R, I do believe there will be a market of folks willing to paying in the $150k+/- range to own one, especially if the truck is as rare as it likely will be.

Ford would be suicidally stupid to build a one off, limited run truck, because Dodge put out a mass produced, one up machine on the Raptor and there’s no denying it. This, and numerous other threads on here illustrate this quite clearly. Are there die hards? yes, some will only buy the Raptor.
But, Ford doesn’t seem to be listening here.

If they really want legions of loyal Raptor owners to jump ship to another marque, and basically doom the model, go ahead and produce the one off, super limited model that will go to a select few who will turn them into garage queens or resell them on the secondary market.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if this invitation only process happens as you mentioned, the 99% of Buyers who don’t get that invitation and want to pay up for a Raptor R, I do believe there will be a market of folks willing to paying in the $150k+/- range to own one, especially if the truck is as rare as it likely will be.
If you think that's high, a dealer in my area told me they got buyers willing to pay $200k for a Raptor R. IF that's the last one or serial number 1 going to a museum collection of cars... i can see that. but for daily street truck... a little out there for my blood.