Canceled my 2022 order today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben3

Reaction score
Maybe to begin with, but now you can go almost anywhere and get an allocation for a TRX and get it at MSRP or even below invoice and have it within 12 weeks. Here in MN, dealers are basically begging would be raptor owners to consider a TRX. Going to be a really saturated market, which is perfectly fine cuz I definitely wouldn't mind taking a flyer someday on a $50k TRX if the Raptor R is priced so outrageously out of my budget (I fear starting price of > 100k without options).. and adm.
I'm been waiting on my TRX since 7/19/2021 still nothing. I'll wait because I have 2 Raptors and i'm very happy with them. Only bought the TRX because of the 702 H.P. Never owned anything but FORD. Bought at $5,000 below invoice. Price and trade locked in. There have been about $6,000 in price increases since I ordered.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing that came to mind for me was why aren’t we manufacturing the chips, etc, that are causing these delays.

Make America Make Great Things Again?
It's not quite that simple. 1, chip factories take years to make ready. 2, most chip demand is for much more modern chips, so factories being built are focused on those. The chips needed by vehicle manufacturers (excluding Tesla) are decade old spec, so new factories aren't interested in tooling for them.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apparently you haven’t left your basement, or you’d know there are global parts shortages affecting all manufacturers. Your precious Toyota posted a sales decline for January, apparently they can’t “figure it out” either?

The only “trash” here is your attitude and your posts, you have nothing positive to contribute.
This is exactly why I purchased used. I wanted to buy a truck when the line was “ firing on all cylinders” . Not scrounging for parts and social distancing.

cadurham88

Reaction score
Grow up fan boy. The reality is ford has absolutely botched the bronco launch and the F 150's current generation. No excuse to have customers waiting 12-18 months for UAW trash. Believe me, when ford wants to get a bronco to FLT they get it built pretty fast. The industry is almost 2 years into the Covid excuse, if they can not figure it out now, they are not going to.
You lied, I caught you, move along.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After waiting as patiently as possible for 8 months, I made the decision today to cancel my order. As much as I am very displeased with Ford at this point, My Gen1 is still in immaculate condition and has plenty of life left. I will be keeping her until I'm ready to give Dodge my business and order my TRX. Good luck to all still waiting for build dates/delivery. RIP Order #5666:(
I feel this to the heart. I have been wrestling with the same decision for months. TRX just isn't it. Handling leave a lot to be desired, but something about a beefy V8 is hard to beat. Ended up going with a 21 raptor instead. I'm keeping my Gen1 as well so hopefully best of both world. Good luck in whatever route you go.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your dealer is lying. You need to go do your homework. Ford is going to allocate the Raptor R just like the Ford GT , basically by invitation only and then ford has to " accept" for request to buy one.
I've talked to the owner of some of the highest volume Raptor dealers and the R variant will for sure go for around 150K - If you even get one. All the Ford owners and their insider buddies will be taking the first allotment if and when they do announce and ship them

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered June 10th for a 2021 and the order rolled over to a 22 when they couldn't produce my 21. Same order number and everything. They likely had the same thing happen.

Sounds like your dealer never got an allocation and did a Hail Mary with Ford that you’d get a truck built and strung you along.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not quite that simple. 1, chip factories take years to make ready. 2, most chip demand is for much more modern chips, so factories being built are focused on those. The chips needed by vehicle manufacturers (excluding Tesla) are decade old spec, so new factories aren't interested in tooling for them.
You’re right. I should have stated “why haven’t we been manufacturing…”

Doubling down on the Make America Make Great Things Again though. Let build some awesome things here people!

OP
OP
M60gunr

M60gunr

Reaction score
I think some people are missing the point. When you order a 2021 that never gets built, but dealer promises it's coming. Then, roll it to a 2022 and they promise it will get a build date soon, 3 months more no build date. I just got tired of the BS promises. I have a Gen 1 Raptor that I am very happy with, just wanted the tech upgrades. I happen to be good friends with a guy who's family owns a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealership and can get me a TRX under MSRP by $1K within 90 days when I'm ready. So, obviously the dealer either never had an allocation or for whatever reason my order never got pulled. Either way, for those that don't mind the wait, go ahead and wait. As for me, I just don't have the patience.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think some people are missing the point. When you order a 2021 that never gets built, but dealer promises it's coming. Then, roll it to a 2022 and they promise it will get a build date soon, 3 months more no build date. I just got tired of the BS promises. I have a Gen 1 Raptor that I am very happy with, just wanted the tech upgrades. I happen to be good friends with a guy who's family owns a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealership and can get me a TRX under MSRP by $1K within 90 days when I'm ready. So, obviously the dealer either never had an allocation or for whatever reason my order never got pulled. Either way, for those that don't mind the wait, go ahead and wait. As for me, I just don't have the patience.
I agree with the sentiment. I wouldn’t wait either. But now you know to ask the dealer if they have an allocation before you order. And msrp minus a k sounds high for a TRX. I’d just drive the gen one. Tech is so over rated.