Canada to Mexico on dirt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine said he seen on the "TV" where they said you can do Canada to Mexico or visa versa is this true? Is there a map for this? I so want to do it now!

This is true. Its called the Great Western Trail. I have done a section of it on my Dirtbike from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon. It's called the Honeymoon trail in AZ. The Great Western Trail starts in Mexico and ends in Canada. I know some of it in AZ is too rough for a Raptor. There are some slow extremely tight boulder sections.

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to backcountrydiscoverroutes.com and you will find a site where a group of motorcyclists have ridden and posted gpsroutes for Washington state,Idaho,Arizona,Colorado,Utah, and I see they are going to post 1 for New Mexico. There is also a 5 leg route that travels around Oregon.

I have completed the Washington,Idaho,Oregon and part of the Colorado routes.
Thecwashington route runs from the Canadian border to bridge of the gods in Oregon,Idaho route runs from Canadian border to jar bridge,Nevada, route 5 of the Oregon discover route runs from wallawalla,Washington to the California border.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in for whatever. This would be a cool trip. Would be interested in pre-running this early next year, so if you could point me in a direction to get started I would appreciate it......

There are many ways to do it. The Backcountry discovery routes are very helpful. Especially in Washington and Oregon. The key is to get to Nevada, from there you can route yourself a couple of different ways.

It's a matter of research really. Finding good existing GPS tracks and plotting your own where they don't exist. I find the Benchmark Atlas' the most helpful in that they distinguish what kind of dirt road it is.

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another great resource is ad rider.com. They have a section for navigation with tons of gps routes

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Make that advrider.com