Can you lock the truck while using power on board?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superfly_fly

Reaction score
I understand that power on board (electrical outlets in the bed) can only be used while the truck is running.

Can the truck be started using the push start button inside and then be locked from the outside using the fob

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have experience with F150s... but other Ford vehicles and other brands, remote start only runs for a limited time...5 mins I believe and then it turns off the engine.

With regards to locking the doors while the key fob is away from the vehicle, again my experience has been it won't let you lock the doors with the vehicle running unless the fob is inside the cabin.

lffd

Reaction score
Don't have my truck yet but on my 2020 I could leave it running with the keys inside and lock the doors with the keypad.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Remote start is different that leaving the engine running. On the Gen 2, I've left the engine running with the FOB away from the vehicle a few times. Don't recall whether I locked or not, but doubt that would make a difference.

As well, seems like it would be a rather relevant feature for pro power. Not really useful to power your house if you have to leave the truck unlocked (as well as running) to use it.

adamj2121

Reaction score
You can leave the truck running and lock it with the keyfob in or out of the truck. If you take the keyfob out of the truck while it is running and close the door it will obnoxiously beep the horn to remind you the truck is running. There is also a 30 minute idle timer that I believe is on by default, so depending on how long you plan to leave it running you may need to disable that.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can also lock or unlock the doors with the FordPass App.

lffd

Reaction score
You can leave the truck running and lock it with the keyfob in or out of the truck. If you take the keyfob out of the truck while it is running and close the door it will obnoxiously beep the horn to remind you the truck is running. There is also a 30 minute idle timer that I believe is on by default, so depending on how long you plan to leave it running you may need to disable that.
Gen3 could be different but I couldn't lock mine with the fob if it was running.

adamj2121

Reaction score
Gen3 could be different but I couldn't lock mine with the fob if it was running.
I have done it on my Gen 3 several times. We left our dog in the truck while eating at a restaurant. I was able to lock it using the fob. I can also lock it by using the sensor on the door handle or the keypad.

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somewhat related. Anyone know if you can lock your truck with the fob inside?

i.e. You're going for a hike and want to leave the key in the truck and use the passcode to get back in?