Can tailgate step be added after purchase?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do people still steal tailgates? I doubt the insurance company would know what you had if it got stolen.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do people still steal tailgates? I doubt the insurance company would know what you had if it got stolen.
I could show them my window sticker to prove it.
But I have a theft deterrent on mine so if they take mine they are going to have to work for it. They are heavy as hell too with the step so they may need help.

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Aplique delete, no step in shadow black.
I loved the step on my gen1, miss it dearly.

Who wants to trade up?

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I found this. Saw a 2020 SCAB I was going to look at but no tailgate step. I really hate that it’s a deal killer for me. Otherwise the truck has everything.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tailgate step is mandatory for people over 50. My back and knees from the military abuse of jumping in and out of work trucks ect relegate me to using mine often. Cannot live without it.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tailgate step is mandatory for people over 50. My back and knees from the military abuse of jumping in and out of work trucks ect relegate me to using mine often. Cannot live without it.
Im 36. Jacked up neck, back etc. I’ve used the step on my 14 quite a bit. Really don’t understand why ford wouldn’t add it into the price as a standard option. Sure you CAN get into the bed without it. But why not use it?

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for having the tail gate step. My GM pickups had very handy cutouts in each side of the back bumper. My Raptor has every option except the rear step. I knew the trade off, but wanted this truck.