Can somebody sanity check me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ironpeddler

Reaction score
there are a ton of people still unscheduled with orders from oct/nov. I do not think that is that big of a red flag. The whole third in line thing when they flat out told you they are only getting 2 allocations for 2022 is a much larger problem IMO.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’ll I picked mine up last night for some lady in a Chrysler 300 with no license or insurance slammed tf into the truck . I’m sure I’ll be waiting for
Parts for another 6 months . Lol sorry had to vent
View attachment 338879

View attachment 338880
Summary execution on the side of the road is the appropriate punishment for the offender.

OP
OP
L

lffd

Reaction score
Ouch, I have to say it's crossed my mind that if I ever get my truck I might have an aneurysm if anything happened to it - my condolences.

Thanks for the info guys, can anybody speak to the validity of the dealer's claim that they have a pending third allocation? I was under the impression that allocations are pretty cut and dry; nobody's getting any potential extras, but at this point who knows.

pghraptor34

Reaction score
Not to gum up the works here with yet another ordering thread but at this point my head’s been spinning trying to wrap my head around what’s actually going on with my order. After selling my 2020 I placed an order for a 37 at MSRP in August that wasn’t picked up and was reordered as a 2022 in October. Among my first mistakes was not specifically verifying that the dealer had any Raptor allocations, let alone one for a 37. I was told at the time that Ford was "prioritizing retail orders" and thusly my truck would have a good chance of getting built. Fast forward to now and my order has been sitting at unscheduled clean with priority code 13 since October. Getting fed up I demanded some answers from the dealer and they said today they have 2 allocations for 2022, possibly 3, and that I am 3rd in line for orders at their store. They said none of their orders have been picked up yet and they don’t know when the 2 orders before me will be scheduled or whether or not they will receive the 3rd allocation. I guess I’m still just confused about a few things, are they completely BSing me about not knowing for sure if they’ll get the third allocation? And lastly, if they have allocations for the first two trucks, why haven’t those been scheduled yet if they've been on order since summer?

I have considered starting over and have a made dozens of calls finding a few dealers who claim to have 37 allocations for 2022 and will accept the order today. I have a hard time believing them and one gentleman told me that although he had an allocation to stick with my original order as ordering with him would “put me at the back of the line with Ford”, which at this point I struggle to understand.

Should I stick with the current dealer or move on to another who claims to have an allocation? Any help appreciated!
The 2, maybe 3 line is a giant red flag to me. When I ordered my '22 from my dealer they said Ford gave them all of their 2022 Raptor allocations at the beginning of the model year (17 in total), and there wouldn't be anymore after that. For your dealer to say they MAY get a 3rd is a pretty good sign that they won't be able to get your truck into the order system and get a VIN unless Ford wind's up with excess capacity in the summer(very unlikely). I'd take the advice of the few other members here and start shopping for a better dealer. You could leave your current order with dealer A if you want, and place another order with dealer B assuming you didn't put down a nonrefundable deposit or something like that.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although dealerships may have more info than the general public, I don’t think they know much more! Having said that, when I picked up my 37 a couple of days ago, the salesperson told me the 2022 allocation is half of 2021. He went on to say that Ford recently told the dealership to adjust all of the Raptor orders for 2022 because several options on the website are actually not available. I didn’t ask which options, but he indicated that they did not receive a 37 allocation for 2022 and I got the only 37 2021 MY, but who knows if any of that is fact, or fiction.

OP
OP
L

lffd

Reaction score
Although dealerships may have more info than the general public, I don’t think they know much more! Having said that, when I picked up my 37 a couple of days ago, the salesperson told me the 2022 allocation is half of 2021. He went on to say that Ford recently told the dealership to adjust all of the Raptor orders for 2022 because several options on the website are actually not available. I didn’t ask which options, but he indicated that they did not receive a 37 allocation for 2022 and I got the only 37 2021 MY, but who knows if any of that is fact, or fiction.
I think you summed up my thinking exactly: I'm the last guy in a long line of people who either don't know anything or won't tell me if they did. Does anybody know why my dealers previous 2 trucks with allocations haven't been scheduled yet? Is it completely random, and if so does a new order placed at another dealer have the same odds of getting scheduled, or am I sent to the back of the line?

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I think you summed up my thinking exactly: I'm the last guy in a long line of people who either don't know anything or won't tell me if they did. Does anybody know why my dealers previous 2 trucks with allocations haven't been scheduled yet? Is it completely random, and if so does a new order placed at another dealer have the same odds of getting scheduled, or am I sent to the back of the line?
Dealers know exactly how many allocations they have right now. Any "possibly" additional allocations is purely speculation on their part. As others have said additional allocations would be the motor company being able to produce more than originally planed all TBD and historically unlikely but minutely possible. If they only had two allocations (my dealer had 11 MY22 allocations received in Oct) then they likely don't have any 37's, If the two orders were placed for 37's that could be why they aren't scheduled?

OP
OP
L

lffd

Reaction score
Talked to the FP Techline and they said "there was a lot of movement in your order on December 6th and yesterday". Not sure what "movement" is possible in an order that hasn't been picked up yet. Close to investing in a nice pair of walking shoes at this point.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So true. My dealer pretty much said that Ford is a real mess right now. They own multiple dealerships for different manufacturers ... none are even close to being as messed up as Ford is. Their IT is the worst by far. Look at BMW for example... their SC plant has produced more vehicles this year than it did in 2019, pre-Covid and pre-everything shortages! https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/bmw-south-carolina-production-record-2021. I think Ford hired Biden nominees to run things given their total ineptitude with pretty much of everything. LOL He even said vehicles they have received have been sketchy from a quality control standpoint, with lots of little things wrong... this was never as bad as is it now... so check EVERYTHING! They are also still waiting on two 2021 Raptor customer orders too!

They had 5 2022 Raptor allocations... all customer orders, all 35's. Mine was number 4 of the 5 in the time-line of orders placed. Mine was the only one of the five that Ford picked up with a VIN and build week ... no rhyme or reason to it. All were Priority 19.

My last "build date", as of Tuesday, was 2/17. Like everyone, it's changed multiple times, but at least the dates were all within about a three week period. I could pull my order status on Tuesday, but have not been able to do it since... just goes back to the blank fields to enter the info again.

We're just at the mercy of Ford's disarray right now. Not much we, or the dealers can do but wait and hold tight. I still think they use a giant bingo ball wheel to pull orders!! LOL

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’ll I picked mine up last night for some lady in a Chrysler 300 with no license or insurance slammed tf into the truck . I’m sure I’ll be waiting for
Parts for another 6 months . Lol sorry had to vent
View attachment 338879

View attachment 338880
uninsured drivers should lose their lic for 5 years min. NO Excuse, just another dreg from society's gutter, another offense they should have plenty of time in jail to think about how stupid they were. Sorry I am no fan of criminal first victim second mentality, more of the criminals have no rights because they chose to break the law, therefore they need to compensate those they make victims until the debt is paid.