Can somebody sanity check me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bright side of this of this unfortunate incident and post. Appears the Gen 3 2022 truck paint has been upgraded or at least a quality clear coat in in production.
Damn that’s my kinda luck . Sorry about that . I’m still waiting on my 21 LFG 37 PP with graphics ordered in June .

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So true. My dealer pretty much said that Ford is a real mess right now. They own multiple dealerships for different manufacturers ... none are even close to being as messed up as Ford is. Their IT is the worst by far. Look at BMW for example... their SC plant has produced more vehicles this year than it did in 2019, pre-Covid and pre-everything shortages! https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/bmw-south-carolina-production-record-2021. I think Ford hired Biden nominees to run things given their total ineptitude with pretty much of everything. LOL He even said vehicles they have received have been sketchy from a quality control standpoint, with lots of little things wrong... this was never as bad as is it now... so check EVERYTHING! They are also still waiting on two 2021 Raptor customer orders too!

They had 5 2022 Raptor allocations... all customer orders, all 35's. Mine was number 4 of the 5 in the time-line of orders placed. Mine was the only one of the five that Ford picked up with a VIN and build week ... no rhyme or reason to it. All were Priority 19.

My last "build date", as of Tuesday, was 2/17. Like everyone, it's changed multiple times, but at least the dates were all within about a three week period. I could pull my order status on Tuesday, but have not been able to do it since... just goes back to the blank fields to enter the info again.

We're just at the mercy of Ford's disarray right now. Not much we, or the dealers can do but wait and hold tight. I still think they use a giant bingo ball wheel to pull orders!! LOL
Ford, GM, Stellantis still use the older model chips. BMW, Audi, Tesla etc use the newer model. When the big 3 canceled their chip orders the chip Mfrs went on to build the more expensive newer chips. Big 3 had to stand in line for the old model. But, hey easier to blame the WH.