Can phaser rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

houtex1

Reaction score
What is the cam Phaser rattle?

I ask because for the first time yesterday, or at least the first time I heard it, there was a metal, tingy sounding rattle at remote start. Lasted a few seconds only.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I ask because for the first time yesterday, or at least the first time I heard it, there was a metal, tingy sounding rattle at remote start. Lasted a few seconds only.
That sounds like it, make an appt with your dealer.

Roscoe S

Reaction score
I saw the message on my FordPass app yesterday. My truck just happens to be at the dealership for a few days. I called and asked about this recall notice. She told me Ford told them NOT to do the fix because it is causing transmission issues.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you are noticing a cold start rattle that happens every time the truck sits for probably 8hrs or more, you should definitely get the truck to the dealer.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the message on my FordPass app yesterday. My truck just happens to be at the dealership for a few days. I called and asked about this recall notice. She told me Ford told them NOT to do the fix because it is causing transmission issues.
they r wrong that's the old revision ,the dealer said the same thing to me ,ran my vin ,they noticed a July 15 revision software .

BlauRapAF35

Reaction score
I also have the cam phaser rattle, so loud in fact I can hear it inside my house when I remote start the truck in the morning.

I have read about the transmission issues that used to be associated with the cam phaser repair with the pcm being flashed I think it was. I’m really glad that was resolved as I already went through one transmission. My 2019 has 41k now and I really need to get it in for the cam phasers. Not looking forward to it being back in the shop though.

I had to have the entire transmission replaced at 32k and it was in the shop for nearly a month then. I’m starting to have strong doubts about the longevity of my specific truck. Hopefully they are unfounded and I’m proved wrong after all the repairs are completed.

Last edited: