Can I give my order to someone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Long story but basically I ordered a truck in September 2021 from a dealer and later a second dealer ordered a second truck without me knowing.

Long story short, the second truck is scheduled for production and the dealer is willing to sell at MSRP. This leaves me with an order that I have paid a down payment on.

Would someone be willing to take this order from me and pay the down payment to the dealer?

Important info:

- I have confirmed three times that the first dealer had an allocation when ordering
- The down payment is $1000.00
- The truck is not scheduled for production yet but the order was placed on 9/17/2021
- The order was confirmed via Ford email
- The dealer is located Goliad, TX
- I dont want to loose $1000.00 and would love to help someone cut a little closer to the front of the line!

I just thought id put it out there and see what yall think.

Thanks in advance,

Fat_Kid

Last edited:

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of weird your order was placed in September and they had an allocation but still no build date. I’ve seen 37 package dudes who ordered in November get dates already. Sounds fishy man

OP
OP
Fat_Kid

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of weird your order was placed in September and they had an allocation but still no build date. I’ve seen 37 package dudes who ordered in November get dates already. Sounds fishy man

If it's a 37 package. I'd take it
It is a 801a 35. But my understanding is that you can change the order specs. I could be wrong there.

OP
OP
Fat_Kid

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that its a weird situation. My guess is that its a smaller dealership that doesnt have as much pull as a larger dealer. I have confirmed with a Ford rep that the truck will eventually get scheduled for production but could not get any sort of timeline.

OP
OP
Fat_Kid

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 9/17/21 order would be for a 2021 truck and Ford is all done scheduling those & has been for months.
Agreed. I received an email stating that it was rolled to a 22. They are done scheduling 21s but I placed the order before 22s were scheduled.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I received an email stating that it was rolled to a 22.
Ah, got it. Makes sense. Thanks.

From my experience there is no way to really confirm the dealer has an allocation other than taking their word for it. I was sold this promise of an allocation for a '21 order back in June and I never got a VIN. I re-ordered a '22 and now have a VIN & build date.

Maybe since you do not have a VIN you could get your deposit back?

Thanks for posting and offering to help others out.

OP
OP
Fat_Kid

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, got it. Makes sense. Thanks.

From my experience there is no way to really confirm the dealer has an allocation other than taking their word for it. I was sold this promise of an allocation for a '21 order back in June and I never got a VIN. I re-ordered a '22 and now have a VIN & build date.

Maybe since you do not have a VIN you could get your deposit back?

Thanks for posting and offering to help others out.
I agree, I was told by Ford to confirm with my dealer so thats what I did. I guess theres no way to really know if theyre being honest or not. I just chose to take their word on it and ask multiple times and multiple people! Lol

Maybe I could get it back, though. Worst case, i'll just take the loss and get the one thats scheduled.

Thanks for the response.