Can I give my order to someone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it is not refundable. That was my first thought.
it may be non refundable if they actually had an allocation which they told you they did. but if they lied to you and got a nonrefundable deposit on a lie, if you ask me is a breach of contract. A quick letter from an attorney would get your money back. Because there is no way in my mind that if they actually had an allocation you would still be waiting for a build date and vin number.

Just my two cents.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely elevate the conversation to legal action because they obviously lied to you with no allocation. and they still don't have . people who put orders in with allocations got vin numbers but no build date because on hold for parts. some were around a month from order. id seriously at least threaten if they don't give it back you'd talk to a lawyer. its been 4 months and no vin and build date. unacceptable. people have ordered in December and have build dates and VIN,s. you know that because the other dealer got you a truck.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If the truck is white, I'll take it when it comes in and send you the 1000, assuming it gets here before the one I ordered, which I have heard zero back from the dealer.

ironpeddler

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it is not refundable. That was my first thought.

Did you pay your deposit with a cc? You should have. And if you did refute, the transaction with your cc company. Hiring an attorney might cost almost as much as your deposit so that road could be a dead end. Transferring to someone might be your only option but even then the dealer could still keep your deposit.

Ryed

Reaction score
If the truck was rolled into a 2022, has an allocation and gets built, they will easily be able to sell it for MSRP or more. I can't believe they won't refund you $1,000 when they can likely sell it for more with the dreaded ADM. It sounds like your dealer is full of ****.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Complain to Ford Corporate. Non-refundable deposits are not standard procedure at dealers, especially in a situation that sounds like they can't even deliver you build date.

OP
OP
Fat_Kid

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the truck is white, I'll take it when it comes in and send you the 1000, assuming it gets here before the one I ordered, which I have heard zero back from the dealer.
It is white. Its a white 801A, No decals, with bed liner. I'll keep this in mind! Thank you.