Can Ford excessive prevent ADMs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sandaddiction

Reaction score
I have a Raptor R that is going to arrive on 12/2. They dealer is asking for a $40,000 markup or they are going to sell it to a list of other buyers who are ready to pay $50,000. Do I have any leverage? I do not have a signed purchase order with a set price but the build is in my name.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Raptor R that is going to arrive on 12/2. They dealer is asking for a $40,000 markup or they are going to sell it to a list of other buyers who are ready to pay $50,000. Do I have any leverage? I do not have a signed purchase order with a set price but the build is in my name.
From what I have seen the dealers are more than willing and happy to jam it to whomever they can. I thought it was actually going to mean something when Farley said he was going to put a stop to the crazy ADM's. When you see dealers actively advertising ridiculous ADM's, it's a pretty clear message they can do whatever they want.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

Sorry, there is no gun to your head to compel you to pay what they are asking. He who hesitates, mastu..., er..ends up with a TRX.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen the dealers are more than willing and happy to jam it to whomever they can. I thought it was actually going to mean something when Farley said he was going to put a stop to the crazy ADM's. When you see dealers actively advertising ridiculous ADM's, it's a pretty clear message they can do whatever they want.
They are individual private owned business, they have the freedom to do so. Farley isn't doing anything to at least influence them though. I'm not defending the ADMs, they shouldn't be happening, It's just really complicated relationship between Ford and the dealers.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The opposite extreme is Ferrari, which strictly forbids dealers from charging over MSRP for a new car. So the dealers sell them to shills who put virtually no mileage on them and then sell them back to the dealer for what they paid and the dealer proceeds to mark them up to insane levels. The market is always ahead of those who would attempt to regulate it. It is what it is. Supply and demand.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That said, the same thing was going on when I bought my Gen 2 SCREW, but I got it from a dealer in L.A. for MSRP. Shop out of state dealers using the Internet and the phone. Secure the best offer you can and take it to your local dealer. Worked for me.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you know a top Ford exec w/ pull that is your friend, and can do you the favor? If not id say you're SOL taking out a mortgage for that truck…

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is it your R with no signed agreement yet in your name. Not tracking here.