GEN 1 Can any one believe that fordtechone.....

Fordtechone is wrong

• Cam, throttle body and tuning changes by SVT, common knowledge..

• Basic 6.2L and not unique to raptor as delivered in the super duty.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to derail this lovely thread but...

Any reason why they didnt throw in the 5.0 at the time, (2011)? The torque was a bit less, but i figure they couldve tuned it up a bit more. hp was roughly the same, couldve shaved some weight off too

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to derail this lovely thread but...

Any reason why they didnt throw in the 5.0 at the time, (2011)? The torque was a bit less, but i figure they couldve tuned it up a bit more. hp was roughly the same, couldve shaved some weight off too
As an option or as the only engine choice? My guess is that the SVT team chose the off the shelve 5.4 V8 & the slightly massaged 6.2 V8 to reduce production costs, (in case the Raptor flopped at the dealership), but based on the sales numbers and buyer comments it became clear that bigger is better. After all, how many 2010 Raptor buyers bragged to their neighbors how they chose the smaller engine?

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The original stickers on my 2012 3.5 ecoboost FX4window_sticker-1.jpgwindow_sticker.jpg SCREW & 2011 6.2L Raptor SCREW were only $6K apart.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can’t believe how childish downforce 137 is. Does he not know how to use the internet outside of this forum? This information is available from plenty of sources. I’ve explained the same thing over and over but he still doesn’t get it.

I’ll post the same thing I posted in the other thread.

The 6.2 was developed for Super Duty as a replacement for the previous base engine, which was the 5.4 3V. The G1 Raptor had the same 5.4 3V when it was first available.

The 6.2 in F-150 had different cams than the Super Duty version. You could get the same exact 6.2 across the entire F-150 lineup from XL to Raptor. The Raptor 6.2 was not unique.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can’t believe how childish downforce 137 is. Does he not know how to use the internet outside of this forum? This information is available from plenty of sources. I’ve explained the same thing over and over but he still doesn’t get it.

I’ll post the same thing I posted in the other thread.

The 6.2 was developed for Super Duty as a replacement for the previous base engine, which was the 5.4 3V. The G1 Raptor had the same 5.4 3V when it was first available.

The 6.2 in F-150 had different cams than the Super Duty version. You could get the same exact 6.2 across the entire F-150 lineup from XL to Raptor. The Raptor 6.2 was not unique.
Yeah, but you are still a doody head and this thread is awesome! It's not like you ever help anybody in here, you dirty bastard!!!!!! :893karatesmiley-thu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free