Can an dealer change MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jchap711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. First post here and first raptor. Ordered in December. My original build sheet didn’t have the moon roof included. The salesperson said it was included in the high trim package. Well under further investigation on my end that was false. I reached out she said she would have the manger check. She emails me stating I have to buy the power tailgate option at 2100$ to get the moon roof and sent me over a new build sheet which had an extra 800$ attached to the msrp compared to the first build sheet I did a month ago. So in total the difference between both build sheets was almost 3,000$ different. I’ve reached back out for an explanation and it’s crickets. Your thoughts my friends ?

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. First post here and first raptor. Ordered in December. My original build sheet didn’t have the moon roof included. The salesperson said it was included in the high trim package. Well under further investigation on my end that was false. I reached out she said she would have the manger check. She emails me stating I have to buy the power tailgate option at 2100$ to get the moon roof and sent me over a new build sheet which had an extra 800$ attached to the msrp compared to the first build sheet I did a month ago. So in total the difference between both build sheets was almost 3,000$ different. I’ve reached back out for an explanation and it’s crickets. Your thoughts my friends ?
I think I saw somewhere in the forums that there was a price increase on the last Monday in December. That may explain the increase, but that should be an easy question to answer.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd say if it was a salesman eff up, they should sell it at the old price, no matter how the system works as far as order changes after price increases. You can ask. And escalate to the sales manager. Personally, I'd say you're better off without that package, but it's not my truck ...

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All new or updated orders after December 27 have the $800 price increase to base MSRP and I believe a $400 increase to destination/shipping.

Pax

Reaction score
this same thing happened to me. The increases are completely due to your order switching from a 2021 to a 2022. There was an increase in msrp and you can no longer get the moon roof without also getting the power tailgate package. Out of the dealers control for both

eRicRic

Reaction score
Something to consider…If you’re getting it at MSRP, the $800 bump might be a lot less than the ADM you’d pay to go to another dealer. I get it’s frustrating but making too big of waves might wind up costing you more. Just my $.02

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about your order and the MSRP on the window sticker versus what you agreed to? ... Or, are you discussing the 'advertised' price that you see on autotrader where the dealer manipulates the MSRP number and puts their additional ADM in?

OP
OP
jchap711

jchap711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t realize ford added the 800$ to the base price. So when I added the moon roof to my order it was 800$ more on the build sheet. I thought the dealership had tried to sneak it on there because they didn’t respond for a couple days