Can a Heated steering wheel be added?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would've way easier if it was on the steering wheel like every other vehicle that has a heated steering wheel. Thanks again brother... :biggrin:

It is on the steering wheel isnt it? Bottom right hand by the cell phone voice controls?

Reaction score
It is on the steering wheel isnt it? Bottom right hand by the cell phone voice controls?

That's the steering wheel mode button to adjust the weighting of the steering input. (Disclaimer: my Raptor is months away from delivery so all of my knowledge is based on what I've read in the online owner's manual. [emoji846])

Last edited:

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if its on the center screen that means you'd need a software update as well. I see this being a lot harder to do now .....

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the software thing is the easy part honestly. just need to bring it to a dealer that would be willing to enable it. i have a friend that works at a ford dealer thats going to look into it for me once the truck comes. its all enabled thru sync and the entertainment screen. im surprised they didnt put a button in the dash for it like my mustang has.

ill know once my truck comes. im sure the steering wheel itself will need to be replaced but as far as the modules etc im not sure yet. another month or so and i should know... have a build date of jan 18

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just as a note - the Gen1 wiring harness shared the same harness as all other F150's, including the Platinum and higher end equipped trucks. This at least makes the wiring harness issue easier.

I would do some research and see if the Gen2's share the same harness like the Gen1's did. Then all you'd have to do is add relays and switches.....

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subscribing....would love to do this too as the one I think I am going to pick up next week does not have this option. Really wish it did.

Judd McPherson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any answer to this yet? I can buy one without it now, but hesitatant until I know that it can be added.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the ONLY option that I really wanted and didn't get. Living in Texas I don't need it but wanted it because my hands are always cold. I think anything is possible but I think this will cost north of 1k to do. So frustrating because the $125 option cost is a no brainer but it's probably one of the hardest options to add after the fact. But I don't know this for sure. Hope I'm wrong.