Can 37’ Toyos + Zero Offset wheels work on bottom perch? I have no choice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slimneill

Reaction score
I recently purchased Toyo Open Country MT 37s on Method Racing Double Standards which are 0 Offset. My truck is strictly street use, the only off road trails around me are for my quads.

When I attempted to go from stock perch to mid perch or top perch the lower shock mount was seized on there and won’t budge. I managed to get the set screw out with WD40 and heat. But the collar wouldn’t move. I tried pri-bars, hammers, impact guns, more heat, you name it. It wasn’t moving.

Now I’m stuck in a $4000 dilemma… My question is what do I do now?

When I put on the 37s on low perch I get rubbing on the back of the front fenders. And there appears to be decent amount of room above and in front of the fender. I moved the fender skirt up out of the way and can see that there are welds there that can be hammered over which I think would give the inch of backwards, and about 5 inches of vertical clearance I need to be able to turn without rubbing.

Has anyone tried to run Toyo 37’s on bottom perch for street use only? I need to know now if I should cut my losses and sell the 37’s and move back to 35’s because I cut up my truck and they start rubbing somewhere else when I drive. I don’t want to install boatec fenders. How much nose droop is there during hard braking? Do the tires contact the sides of the fender flares?

Also what air pressure should I have these at for my fit test? I had them at 35psi. I didn’t like the look of Top perch, the truck appeared too high in the air. Would a 2” spacer work (if I can’t get the collar to budge) make these 37’s work for street use on method zero offset wheels?

Has anyone tried to run 37’s in bottom perch?
Has anyone been successful running 37” toyo on mid perch or 2”” spacers?
Please speak up!!!!!!!! & Thanks for the help!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately it sounds like the leveling kit will be the way you will have to go if you can't get to mid, even then your still gonna get some rubbing. I would cut my losses and go for 35s if you don't want fenders

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The geiser springs will net you about 1.5" on bottom perch but you could still have to consider the fiberglass option. @jacobp is running this setup but on mid perch and no glass.

He's local to me but haven't seen his truck yet to see the clearance.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started the mid perch project myself only to find that my lower shock mount was seized as well. I ended up taking it to a local tire/alignment shop so they could take the shock all the way off which allowed them to get proper leverage/purchase for getting that mount moved.

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles do you have on your shocks? If they are stuck sounds like they have some wear to them. Might want to think about rebuilding them anyways or moving to 3.0's

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First of you need to hammer the pinch weld in back and to the top.
You can also increase the caster to move the tire forward.
For the stuck spring perch, keep soaking it with a penetrant oil (not WD40) for a few days and try again.