GEN 1 Can’t decide between rear bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
Blue truck option has more lights and no step. White truck option has steps at the end of the bumper and fewer lights.
Now in reality I like lights and won’t ever use the step, I’m a little bit short so I always drop the tailgate and hop up on my butt using my arms. I sound like I have made my decision but I would like your opinions, maybe there are other things I should know about. And keep in mind that I have a 75% Pavement Princess that likes trips on the beach and is built for it. But my factory rear bumper doesn’t share the same aesthetic as the front bumper.216DAE2A-CBD2-4202-9836-812D22D1F63D.jpeg965C42B6-DFEB-4B1B-B950-A6D50557A72A.jpegC2BE9E35-3189-4E54-8F11-D86D5B9A8A76.jpeg9C89735A-B016-46B4-9B1F-EE0B7B43FFB3.jpeg
And I am open to other options, with lights, that might be an even better option. Thought also about something more similar to my front bumper. Looming purchase I’ve mulled over for months.

OP
OP
dj30417

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
I totally agree with you, it’s a perfect match. The front is RPG and I’d love to do the rear to match. However, I’ve been rear ended while sitting still at red lights three times in less than three years (and no I’m not slow to go, the lights were red even after I was hit) so I want something substantial. Plus I don’t want to move the hitch, it’s already knee cap high, or dovetail the rear. I actually thought these bumpers were no longer being made for Gen1’s. Dang it, now I’m weighing a third option.

rschap1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My personal preference looks like the 2nd-white truck one.
But I can see myself using the steps.
I also like the simpler looks of the single set of lights.
The expanded metal grates over the other lights seems like it would hold and trap mud and dirt or debris.
Or catch on the wash mit anyways...
Probably never get anything other than my stock one, but do have to admit...
for as many other special body pieces separating the Raptors from F-150s the rear bumper is "ripe for the picking" and a good item to upgrade.
Good luck with however you go.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SVC rear. I ended up adding reinforcements. It looks the same from the outside but the underside ties into more of the frame.

SVC.JPG

What they did to the backside of this one for keep it dirty is what I added to my SVC.

KID.JPG