Can’t Buy IS ‘21 on the Lot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why couldn't they "sell it to you" but tell you that you could not take delivery until the recall was fixed. I am driving mine but have a 3/3/22 appt at the dealer to have it fixed. Don't see why unless they just want to adm some sucker.
So I was in the neighborhood of my dealer which I have a ‘22 (Black 35s, 801a package) on order that was supposed to be here in January and stopped by to check in on my build since it was pushed to 2/??.

First the bad news. My rep shows me the computer and the date says 5/24. Awesome.

Then he tells me that a ‘21 Iconic Silver was delivered last night (same package as mine) and that if I wanted, I could take that one. Even though I wanted a black one, I thought about for 5 seconds and said “let’s do it”. As we are walking back to the office, one of his colleagues tells him that they can’t sell the car because there are outstanding recalls. And then proceeds to tell him that to get parts will probably take at least a month or so….

Just wanted to share this experience. So fun.
"

Mars911red

Reaction score
I bought my truck two weeks ago and the river iasue popped up. They can sell the truck but I could not take delivery till the recall was completed. It took theee days to get the rivets and 20 mins to install. When i got mine they said it is five rivets to replace and at that time there were 6,000 in inventory at ford. They also said they cannot order the rivets till the Truxk is sold since Ford wants the rivets to go to trucks that are going to leave the lot and not sitting inventory.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my truck January 14th. I asked about the recalls. he said they installed the rivets before they received the truck. According to the person he talked to. no other recalls holding up the sale so sounds weird. did you tell him you'll take it and will wait for them to get recall handled