Can’t Buy IS ‘21 on the Lot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ek5686

Reaction score
So I was in the neighborhood of my dealer which I have a ‘22 (Black 35s, 801a package) on order that was supposed to be here in January and stopped by to check in on my build since it was pushed to 2/??.

First the bad news. My rep shows me the computer and the date says 5/24. Awesome.

Then he tells me that a ‘21 Iconic Silver was delivered last night (same package as mine) and that if I wanted, I could take that one. Even though I wanted a black one, I thought about for 5 seconds and said “let’s do it”. As we are walking back to the office, one of his colleagues tells him that they can’t sell the car because there are outstanding recalls. And then proceeds to tell him that to get parts will probably take at least a month or so….

Just wanted to share this experience. So fun.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe a few TSBs but there’s only one recall that I’m aware of in which Ford hasn’t issued instructions to “stop driving the vehicle under this recall.” Here‘s the recall letter I got in mai. Hell, I’m waiting on recall parts all the while driving the damn thing. Granted I took delivery in Oct and this recall wasn’t released then but still…

Attachments

• 2AA54E55-1F4C-4BA8-B031-0650418768D3.jpeg
    2AA54E55-1F4C-4BA8-B031-0650418768D3.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 118

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know when my 21 was ‘waiting’ for recall parts, the parts in question were already on the way to the dealer due to Ford shipping them to sold vehicles first. Took about 3 days waiting for the rivets

2010 RAPTOR SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, seems odd why your dealer doesn't have the rivets or can't get them within a couple days. My truck got delivered just before lunch and they did the PDI and recall, I drove away 5:30pm that day.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, seems odd why your dealer doesn't have the rivets or can't get them within a couple days. My truck got delivered just before lunch and they did the PDI and recall, I drove away 5:30pm that day.
My dealer was able to get the truck in my hands last September but is going on 3+ weeks now for those rivets. Seemingly comes down to luck these days...

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After my truck came in and they assured me they had the recall parts on hand they called me on my way there and said they didn’t have the parts after all and it would be several more days to get the recall parts. I pitched a fit and some how they got it done that day. I would keep pressing the issue if you really want the truck now.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
This is just bad management from the dealer. My dealer knew about the recall and had the parts ordered and waiting before the truck even got there. Truck was finished in a few hours of it arriving. Just lazy on their part.