Camping Gear - Recommendations & Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He got a Jeep Rubicon then sold the Raptor for a Grand Cherokee. He's gone Jeeper on us!!
Ah hell I hadn't heard that. What a ********* ;)

Regarding the fridge: unless we're talking something like the ARB version, if you plan to wheel from campsite to campsite I'm not sure it will take the offroad smackdown you're bound to lay on it in the Raptor (and I'm not sure the ARB can either).

I went with a Yeti and use dry ice under regular ice. The last time out I got 7 full days before I needed to refresh. Food for thought.

Raptor Jesus

Reaction score

Regarding the fridge: unless we're talking something like the ARB version, if you plan to wheel from campsite to campsite I'm not sure it will take the offroad smackdown you're bound to lay on it in the Raptor (and I'm not sure the ARB can either).

I went with a Yeti and use dry ice under regular ice. The last time out I got 7 full days before I needed to refresh. Food for thought.

We've beat the hell out of our Engel and it keeps working. The main thing is to keep the food inside from moving around while we're getting to our spot.

I don't beat my truck however, spent far too much on it to trash it.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

+1 for the Yeti

I'm from West Texas and the Yeti is tried and proven in the oilfield as well as by hunters. We all swear by them. I've since moved to Dallas but still use my Yeti for Cubscout camping trips. We just got back from an over nighter a couple hours away. Since it was just a night, I loaded my Yeti 45 with crushed bagged ice from a local convenient store. I still had ice 4 days later and a mix of water and ice 6 days later. Yeti is bullet proof as well...I mean that figuratively of course.