Camper Shell on Velocity Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Money

Reaction score
Does anybody have some pics of a camper shell on Velocity Blue or maybe Performance Blue so I can get an idea of what it looks like?

I saw somebody post their new camper shell on another thread (Grey truck from San Diego, looked awesome BTW).

I’ve actually been a fan of my 19’ Bead Locks. I was thinking about doing some upper arms but don’t think the stock offset will allow for that. So I’d love to see what a camper shell looks like in one of those blue colors to help figure out potential candidates as new wheels.

I’m not sure why I like these wheels so much... enough that I might pass on suspension mods. Pretty ridiculous huh?

C8BA666D-FB13-4173-A6A1-F420DC137A63.jpeg

OP
OP
J Money

J Money

Reaction score
Bump... nobody? Was thinking about ordering one before thanksgiving. Also concerned if a shell would destroy the paint on the back of the cab. I had a Snug Top on a Power Stroke before and it had some chafing from the rubber gasket. I had some better clamps made but only after I had the scratches. I don’t want to destroy the paint on this new truck.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump... nobody? Was thinking about ordering one before thanksgiving. Also concerned if a shell would destroy the paint on the back of the cab. I had a Snug Top on a Power Stroke before and it had some chafing from the rubber gasket. I had some better clamps made but only after I had the scratches. I don’t want to destroy the paint on this new truck.

Unless you put a "boot" between the shell and cab it should not even touch.

Sam

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
forum member here >> #BIGDJE

20190615_164358-jpg.124919

Does anybody have some pics of a camper shell on Velocity Blue or maybe Performance Blue so I can get an idea of what it looks like?

I saw somebody post their new camper shell on another thread (Grey truck from San Diego, looked awesome BTW).

I’ve actually been a fan of my 19’ Bead Locks. I was thinking about doing some upper arms but don’t think the stock offset will allow for that. So I’d love to see what a camper shell looks like in one of those blue colors to help figure out potential candidates as new wheels.

I’m not sure why I like these wheels so much... enough that I might pass on suspension mods. Pretty ridiculous huh?

View attachment 131745

TiNyLoBo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've a shell on my '17...she's black, and I've yet to bother painting the maroon camper. I'm weird that way; I like the difference.

Anyway, there's a good gap between the cab and the shell, so no worries on that. I also have a farm jack mounted to the front of the bed, and the shell was installed without disturbing it.

I have zero regrets.

20190913_194840.jpg