Camp Locator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeJones!

Reaction score
I just bought one similar to that as well. It is 2' and can change 16 different colors. It has a couple of different modes, so I like to let it fade in and out of all the colors. I mainly run mine while at the Oregon Coast, but pretty sweet deal. Even in the fog, you can see that thing forever, plus it is unique.
I found mine on ebay from www.whipitlightrods.com

Funny thing is, I bought the locator first, then went to buy the flag pole. Never was much of a flag guy,but I just like the lights...shiney things.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Guys - for TRR come on over and say hi to Yukon Joe, Raptor Wifey, Maggie Mae and the rest of the WSI camp.

We will be located under the neon lights...

We can chat about the up coming South Dakota Run, the Little Sahara Run in August or the GLRE Fall run.

Can't wait to be there! :peace: :peace:

Post a pic of your camping set up for TRR and mention this post and get some famous beans and a free beer!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Camp locator and flag in action at TRR.

Love this thing! So easy to tell people where you are camped.

163547_729895442168_603484750_n.jpg

Here it is in the background of everyone lining up.

562423_637261432955604_714721656_n.jpg

529093_637166612965086_1071380800_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had up perform some maintenance to the locator wiring. I had a short in the wires.

I run the wiring through the telescoping flag pole. It gives it a nice clean look. But the wire coming out of the locator were on the outside. I rewired it to make it run down the center of the locator.

Also added some wire loom to protect the thin wires.
uploadfromtaptalk1379077080572.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1379077341068.jpg

Next, I found the short close to where I wired in the cigarette lighter adaptor. I fixed it and also added someone 1/4" wire loom to protect it from breaking the rubber coating again. I bought some new 2.5 amp fuses the power adaptor.

uploadfromtaptalk1379077379873.jpg

Everything should be good to go.

Come find us at Echo Valley campground at Havoc.

Yukon Joe
GLRE Support Raptor
WWW.RUNRAPTORRUN.COM

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@AlternativeOffroad not sure if you get any obscure orders to the east or not, but every where we camp I get at least one person asking where they can buy one of theses.

Over labor day weekend our camp of the pop ups and a large tent won the campground decorating contest.

We'll be flying the led camp locator and flag at the night Raptor camp this year for havoc in the hills. Stop by and say hello at Camp a while campground.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@AlternativeOffroad not sure if you get any obscure orders to the east or not, but every where we camp I get at least one person asking where they can buy one of theses.

Over labor day weekend our camp of the pop ups and a large tent won the campground decorating contest.

We'll be flying the led camp locator and flag at the night Raptor camp this year for havoc in the hills. Stop by and say hello at Camp a while campground.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Oh yes! We ship these all over the country. That's awesome! They work well and look great :) thanks for your support!!