GEN 2 Camera issue in 2017 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do. I will pull now...

code B1530 trailer aid camera angle detection

alignment or adjustment incorrect

also to note my TPMS Sensors are throwing a code. I disabled the feature. Outside of that no Other DTC’s
B1530 is exactly the description you stated; per the Workshop Manual it sets in continuous memory and on-demand in the IPMB when the PTBA camera alignment has not been successfully completed. This may be related to your camera issue, but would not be the root cause. The Workshop Manual states to perform the camera alignment procedure, but that won't help if your camera has no image as you've shown. With no DTCs related to the circuitry or module, I would suspect the camera itself has failed.

OP
OP
KDAWG97M3

KDAWG97M3

Reaction score
B1530 is exactly the description you stated; per the Workshop Manual it sets in continuous memory and on-demand in the IPMB when the PTBA camera alignment has not been successfully completed. This may be related to your camera issue, but would not be the root cause. The Workshop Manual states to perform the camera alignment procedure, but that won't help if your camera has no image as you've shown. With no DTCs related to the circuitry or module, I would suspect the camera itself has failed.
Yeah it works now. Then freezes. Then works. Seems to work when the car is first started Then goes down after a few starts and stops. How do I do an alignment? is this dealer only?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah it works now. Then freezes. Then works. Seems to work when the car is first started Then goes down after a few starts and stops. How do I do an alignment? is this dealer only?
Yes, you would need the scan tool and the calibration mats, assuming you have the 360 camera. Did you perform On-Demand Self Tests on the IPMB and APIM when you checked DTCs?

OP
OP
KDAWG97M3

KDAWG97M3

Reaction score
Yes, you would need the scan tool and the calibration mats, assuming you have the 360 camera. Did you perform On-Demand Self Tests on the IPMB and APIM when you checked DTCs?
I did run the self demand. on the IPMB it showed the same code.

the APIM showed connection error, cleared them haven’t come
back. I haven’t had any issues with Bluetooth or apple car play. I do notice sometimes the buttons are slow to execute when pushed. But they execute.