Camburg shackle installed backwards??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my camburg shackles this weekend with a new set of +3 deavers. I was surprised that it sat lower than previous by 1/2”. According to Camburg site I put mine on backwards.
Would this account for the new height discrepancy? Does the shackles angled backwards essentially lengthen the leaf?
FYI these are stock ht shackles, not drop shackles. Any danger with this until I have time next month to switch them?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed my camburg shackles this weekend with a new set of +3 deavers. I was surprised that it sat lower than previous by 1/2”. According to Camburg site I put mine on backwards.
Would this account for the new height discrepancy? Does the shackles angled backwards essentially lengthen the leaf?
FYI these are stock ht shackles, not drop shackles. Any danger with this until I have time next month to switch them?[/QUOTE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your measuring the distance between two points. Forward or backward that distance doesn’t change. When I installed mine on my gen 1, it also dropped about 1/2. But I was too lazy to compare them side by side