Cam Shaft Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestcampTX

Reaction score
Is this the same issue that the Expeditions were having? We traded ours in due to the cam-shaft thing pre-TSB because we were out of warranty. I’ll just say if you have already developed the cold-start rattle there is absolutely no doubt. It feels/sounds like starting a cold powerstroke, and the OOW repair is insanely expensive.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The software update is designed to prevent the rattle from developing. If you already have a rattle on cold start, the phasers will need to be replaced.
Just the man I was hoping for. So, should I have 2b10 performed if my truck is doing fine as a preventative measure, or just leave it be?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just the man I was hoping for. So, should I have 2b10 performed if my truck is doing fine as a preventative measure, or just leave it be?
Have it performed, it’s designed to prevent the issue from developing. If you don’t have it completed by December 2021 you won’t be eligible for the extended warranty coverage.

Rddakota

Reaction score
I called Larry Miller (Lakewood) Ford to schedule service for the program update recall for the cam phaser from 2019, and she said Ford has stopped the update recall. Ford said the update didn't fix the cam phaser potential problems. Interesting

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called Larry Miller (Lakewood) Ford to schedule service for the program update recall for the cam phaser from 2019, and she said Ford has stopped the update recall. Ford said the update didn't fix the cam phaser potential problems. Interesting
Typical service advisor not having a clue what’s going on. The recall was re-released July 15th in 21B10 Supplement #2, dealers should be completing it on customer vehicles.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2017 to early 2020 models. 3.5 EcoBoost only. Includes F-150/Expedition/Navigator.
i believe was till early 2019,end of may from a technician from my ford dealer who perform the recall.
mine was build end of June 2019 and never get the rattle,luck?
we will interesting to know.