GEN 2 Cam rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billy D

Reaction score
Cam Phasers :( I am up to 16000 mi on my Gen 2 screw, Noticed a cold start rattle from the engine, Dealer said Maybe have the parts by next week,, Also tech said it is very common.

Is this a maintence issue going forward?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No. it happens, but it’s rare. Not all trucks get it, and some have had the repair more than once but, Ford released a latest revision I think in 2019 or so and those seem to be a better sourced part. relatively few of those parts have failed. Once your truck is fixed, drive it and don’t worry.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What Smurf said, the new parts are updated ones, issue should not present itself again. It may take a couple days to do the repair, Ford has done lots of them, should be pretty routine for your tech. Enjoy that truck!

luv2xlr8

Reaction score
Wouldn’t worry too much about the outside warranty cost. It’s only like $1,000-$1,500 for replacement cost. As far as I’m concerned, if you have a Raptor and a monthly payment like most of us do, that’s really not bad considering it is a performance vehicle. There are also no shortage of extended warranty sales reps who love to call us atleast twice a day!

Jeremyslar

Reaction score
My 2019 started doing the same thing. Dealer is waiting for new update from ford to fix it. If i continue driving it. Could it cause other more serious issues?

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine done, took 3-4wks to get parts. Took 3 days for repair, not sure why. The TSB said 8-9hr job. I finally don't have to look over my shoulder or sneak out when nobody's around to start my truck.

FFCJ

Reaction score
ReconReggie19- I am in the same situation. I am waiting on the parts for 2 weeks now. '19 with 13k.....

sucks and embarrassing but hopeful for the future

Stilldoggy

Reaction score
30k miles here. Had the noise for last 5k or so. Check engine light came on during that time and Oil Solenoid got replaced. Approx three weeks later, check engine comes on again, stays lit for about four or five days, during which I schedule an appt. Dropped off truck last Tues and not able to get a loaner due to car shortage, if I wanted a loaner would have had to schedule for 2 July! In the meantime determine I am also the victim of the AC drain tube problem, passenger floor board soaked. Top it off time for 30k mile service. Wonder how much of that service could be or is required to be done with all the other stuff going on?