Cam phasers, sunroof rails, transmission, turbo...addressed in GEN 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savela

Reaction score
SO I love my gen 2 and am thinking about buying a gen 3. I unfortunately have dealt with just about every issue known to our beloved Gen2 Raptors. Curios if anybody in the know can tell me if any or all of the known issues have been addressed in the production version of the GEN 3. tia

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that it's the same sunroof. Also, transmission is the same, but the programming may be a little different. No clue on the others.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes every single one of things has been re-engineered to perfection. Unfortunately, I have heard now the driver's side seat frame squeaks, the turbos are too powerful sucking air cleaners in and the passenger rear door only opens when in park, with the window rolled down, the door unlocked, lights on but seatbelt clicked while touching left ******** (or *****). Other than that it's as designed, perfect!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the cam phasers was fixed as of July 2021 hopefully, the pano roofs are a poor design on several auto makes, if you’re talking about the waste gate rattle, that’s been fixed as well. I’m just glad that there won’t be any Roadmaster Suspension threads on the Gen 3!!!

Bluto

Reaction score
My advice would be to not buy the first couple years of a new model year. They fix a lot of little problems after the first 2 years. I know this one is a refresh and not totally new, but there's still new stuff and changes that may cause problems.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My advice would be to not buy the first couple years of a new model year. They fix a lot of little problems after the first 2 years. I know this one is a refresh and not totally new, but there's still new stuff and changes that may cause problems.
Your right however one thing with the timing on this one is the refresh was all F150 and the non-raptor folks have been reporting a lot of the little things that Ford has been correcting along the way (rust, car alarm going off in the middle of the night for no reason, etc etc. )
The other point is I don't think Ford is just going to sit on the design for a few years and perfect it.... they have to stay ahead of the game

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the cam phasers was fixed as of July 2021 hopefully, the pano roofs are a poor design on several auto makes, if you’re talking about the waste gate rattle, that’s been fixed as well. I’m just glad that there won’t be any Roadmaster Suspension threads on the Gen 3!!!
Curious, on the cam phaser fix. Where have you found the Gen3's to have updated cam phasers? I have searched around and can't find much info on that particular subject.