GEN 2 Cam Phasers Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is bad ass. I had my SA/tech do the same when they did mine a few weeks ago. Holy crap what a process. Tech was super cool though and even replaced some o-rings on my catch can and made sure all my aftermarket stuff went back in perfectly. Dude even cleaned my K&N filter on the whipple intake! Love to see there are other good techs out there. Sucks to see so many guys have issues with shit dealers. I've never understood that. Ford takes the tech/SA's word on repairs...why not just ignore the aftermarket parts and get the job done and paid for by Ford if they can? Seems to be a good deal for the local dealer! Hopefully that video stays live for a while so other guys can see.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is bad ass. I had my SA/tech do the same when they did mine a few weeks ago. Holy crap what a process. Tech was super cool though and even replaced some o-rings on my catch can and made sure all my aftermarket stuff went back in perfectly. Dude even cleaned my K&N filter on the whipple intake! Love to see there are other good techs out there. Sucks to see so many guys have issues with shit dealers. I've never understood that. Ford takes the tech/SA's word on repairs...why not just ignore the aftermarket parts and get the job done and paid for by Ford if they can? Seems to be a good deal for the local dealer! Hopefully that video stays live for a while so other guys can see.
What dealership did you use? No issues yet but I’d like to know about a decent dealership in Colorado.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What dealership did you use? No issues yet but I’d like to know about a decent dealership in Colorado.
gonto groove ford on arapahoe. if josh is still there in the service dept, ask for him. regardless they always took good care of me. when my gen 1 was nearing the end of extended warranty, they went through with a thorough inspection to make sure they couldnt get anything else covered. they were the 6th dealer to look at my 4wd issues and they are the ones who found and fixed it.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oz at Lakewood Ford. I’ve also heard good things about Groove on Arapahoe. Buddy took his in there.

Billybob454ss

Reaction score
i have an 18 raptor with 31,000 miles almost out of the factory warranty ford is gonna do the cam phaser replacement
under warranty just waiting on the back orderer parts to come in ....
Toyota offered me $54,200 for my truck (801A) just waiting on a 2021 TRD PRO to come in ....
the tundra is just under 55,000 ......

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have an 18 raptor with 31,000 miles almost out of the factory warranty ford is gonna do the cam phaser replacement
under warranty just waiting on the back orderer parts to come in ....
Toyota offered me $54,200 for my truck (801A) just waiting on a 2021 TRD PRO to come in ....
the tundra is just under 55,000 ......

Why the hell would anyone trade a Raptor for a **** PrO? They aren’t even in the same league. Or are you just being sarcastic?

Billybob454ss

Reaction score
nope just retired dont want to deal with motor problems in the future
for $600 bucks i get a new truck that will last along time ......