Cam phasers - plus something else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay so buy 2020 then...im looking into getting a Raptor coming from a 2011 Raptor and I now have 2016 5.0
or an 18 with a July build date in 2018 or any 2019, or 2020.

I think there will always be a random phaser that will go. That's just the nature of anything mass built with a reliance on a 3rd party supplier.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Parts are in, truck goes in Thursday. Question, how long does this job take? I've read 10hrs, 20hrs? What is it? Also how many days average does dealership have it?

Joey DeLorenzo

Reaction score
Parts are in, truck goes in Thursday. Question, how long does this job take? I've read 10hrs, 20hrs? What is it? Also how many days average does dealership have it?

Mine took 2 days. Dropped it off Wednesday morning and picked it up Friday afternoon, even with the supposed back and forth the dealership has to do to cover it under ESP/Premium Care.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine took a week but that is because one of ten gaskets was missing from the order that they didn’t realize until they got into it. Otherwise it would have been two days.

T

teeoster

Finally convinced Ford to replace the engine in my truck. Hopefully, the new one has no issues. Here is a pic of the old one before they sent it back to Ford. The Field Service Engineer told me the replacement was a 2020 version that had many updates, not sure what they all are but I did notice the old one had a plastic oil pan.

2020-12-08 11.10.27.jpg 2020-12-08 11.11.02.jpg

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Frank N which dealership in NJ did you use for service? Sounds like they took good care of you and I would love to find somewhere that can do the same for me