Cam Phaser service

Raptormts

Reaction score
took my Gen 2 2018 to the dealer to align the cameras (side cameras stopped working and the rear guidelines disappeared).

When I checked in rep asked if I wanted the Cam Phasers replaced, said it was a Ford "Campaign" not a recall. They are going to keep it for a few days. I figured "Get it done before a problem appears".

I'm not thrilled about them pulling the front of the engine off. Just want everything else to work when I get it back.

T

teeoster

I had mine in 3 times for the Cam Phasers, Ford finally replaced the engine with a 2020 version. No issues since.

Motex2011

Reaction score
Just had the work done on my 2019. Dropped it off at Bill Utter Ford in Denton on a Wednesday and got it back the next Wednesday. I haven't driven it much, so I am hoping that it is fixed properly and I won't need to go back.

I was pleased with that turn around considering how backed up they have been. But, I've bought a lot of vehicles from this dealership and I think that helps. I know that the service department has been outstanding for me over the last 10 years.

Lastly, the service rep estimated that the phaser fix would have cost about $3,500 if I was paying. Make sure to get that noted on your vehicle service records even if it isn't too bad. You don't want to get stuck with it.

Attachments

• Cam Phaser Invoice.jpg
    Cam Phaser Invoice.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 11