GEN 2 Cam Phaser replacement in your own garage ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ViMo

ViMo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pusses. Haha I meant no offense, if you work on D9's (or the like) I'm sure the Ecoboost will be no problem!! Good luck and keep us posted, I'm interested to learn.
Hey, you didn't upset me ... I opened this thread to discuss the possibility and procedure of repairing CamPhaser in my own garage ... I'm not desperately looking for someone to perform this intervention. I resigned myself a long time ago, there is no official dealer in Romania to include in the list also Ford F-150, especially Raptor.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
CoronaRaptor_One must understand a situation ... America / Canada is another world. The first time I said that I own an American car, and this to the Ford authority in Romania, they said that I am on my own, there is no service and no official parts are sold ... this is the reality.
I hear ya loud and clear buddy, just busting your balls (sarcasm). Totally understand your situation and I’ve been around for all your threads on here, so I see no problem in you getting this done yourself, but you will still need the updated software. I wonder if you will have to mail your pcm to “America” or if they can flash it over where you are. Make sure you post some pics of the tear down of your motor and such, you may run into issues and @FordTechOne might help you (don’t want to speak for him) out if that happens. Good luck!

OP
OP
ViMo

ViMo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CoronaRaptor, can we focus exclusively on fixing the CamPhaser issue, including new software? Can you provide more details about PCM, please? Otherwise, there may be confusion among those who follow this thread ... I admire you for the tips and guidance shared on this forum.

Of course I will post images during the troubleshooting, but it will take until I have all the necessary parts, I hope to find them all ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
ViMo

ViMo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ForScan can change module As-Built data, but I don’t believe it can install module updates. You would probably need IDS for that. Maybe someone more familiar with ForScan can provide additional insight.
I understand ... I thought that FORScan is a powerful software, it is famous in the ford world, but it seems that only with the Integrated Diagnostic System can the software be renewed. After I download the latest IDS version I will have to buy a license, I hope it is not exclusively for Ford dealers.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand ... I thought that FORScan is a powerful software, it is famous in the ford world, but it seems that only with the Integrated Diagnostic System can the software be renewed. After I download the latest IDS version I will have to buy a license, I hope it is not exclusively for Ford dealers.
The license is available through Motorcraft, here’s the link:

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HAven't we discussed using a hand held tuner where the custom "tune" is built off the newer PCM update software? If say someone like Cobb is using the latest Ford PCM software build to build their own customer tune off of, wouldn't that get him the PCM update he is looking for? @GooseTuned ?

OP
OP
ViMo

ViMo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The license is available through Motorcraft, here’s the link:

That's it, I've already registered, downloaded and installed the latest version of IDS (125.05), I'm going to pay for the license for a limited time when I have all the parts for CamPhaser already arrived. I hope I don't have any problems with resofting, it would be nice if there was a procedure to save all the old data to be restored in case of failure with the new program ... Thanks, FordTechOne.