GEN 2 Cam Phaser repaired but CEL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly where I'm at. Rattle started on my 19 at 12k. After talking to the dealership I'm just going to leave it until I either get ready to sell it or run up on the 5 years / 50k miles powertrain warranty.

Of course, I'm thinking years ahead here. My 2019 has 3800 miles. But I plan to get to about 30k miles and then make a decision about long term ownership. If I decide to keep it long term (4+ years) then I'm going to buy the extended warranty from Flood. I'll probably go with the 8/100 or 8/125 plan with $0 or $50 deductible.

So when I get to 30k miles and my decision point, if I've got the cam phaser issue going on, how does that affect my decision? Does it affect my decision at all?

Right now I'm just gonna run full synthetic oil, change it every 5k, and pray.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course, I'm thinking years ahead here. My 2019 has 3800 miles. But I plan to get to about 30k miles and then make a decision about long term ownership. If I decide to keep it long term (4+ years) then I'm going to buy the extended warranty from Flood. I'll probably go with the 8/100 or 8/125 plan with $0 or $50 deductible.

So when I get to 30k miles and my decision point, if I've got the cam phaser issue going on, how does that affect my decision? Does it affect my decision at all?

Right now I'm just gonna run full synthetic oil, change it every 5k, and pray.

If your build date is after 4/2019, you have no issues to worry about other than some random part failure.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your build date is after 4/2019, you have no issues to worry about other than some random part failure.

My build date is 7/19 but that doesn't seem that offers as much protection as we once thought. I've seen a late production 19 and a 20 on here with phaser problems.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My build date is 7/19 but that doesn't seem that offers as much protection as we once thought. I've seen a late production 19 and a 20 on here with phaser problems.
Like I said. There are random part failures but the offending part was changed and has been in production ever since.

drive it and move on. It’s not as bad as you think or as bad as you’re making it out to be.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said. There are random part failures but the offending part was changed and has been in production ever since.

drive it and move on. It’s not as bad as you think or as bad as you’re making it out to be.

I am indeed driving it. I don't think my perception is overly negative.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the new "Raptor" cam phaser production change date was around 07/2018?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk