Cam Phaser Repair Fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thrashx

Reaction score
I finally took my 2018 Raptor in for Cam Phaser repair. Well, the dealer let me know the repair did not work so Ford has instructed them to redo the repair. Sigh!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like yet another dealer that can't be trusted to do a proper repair. :banghead:

I found out after I bought my truck that the local dealer that gave me a $500 over invoice price also happens to be a good repair shop. So much so, that other dealers in the region sometimes send their problem children to this dealer to get diagnosed/repaired.

Last edited:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally took my 2018 Raptor in for Cam Phaser repair. Well, the dealer let me know the repair did not work so Ford has instructed them to redo the repair. Sigh!
Ask them if the technician working on your truck is certified in Gasoline Engine Repair. If not, that would explain the repeat repair. Regardless, it sounds like they may have not timed it properly.