Cam Phaser rattle AGAIN - 3rd time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ludek

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just came back from the service company where I left my car to have the camphasers + timing set replaced.
Surprisingly there is a new camphaser part i ML3Z-6C525-A. I should have my car back on Monday and
I am so hoping they won't hurt it :) Anyone knows here if there is any software update needed alng with the change?
I have Raptor 2018 still with the CD changer...

Cheers!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just came back from the service company where I left my car to have the camphasers + timing set replaced.
Surprisingly there is a new camphaser part i ML3Z-6C525-A. I should have my car back on Monday and
I am so hoping they won't hurt it :) Anyone knows here if there is any software update needed alng with the change?
I have Raptor 2018 still with the CD changer...

Cheers!
As mentioned earlier, recall 21B10 is the new software. The TSB still specifies the HL3Z part number, the ML3Z can be substituted if HL3Z is not available.

ludek

Reaction score
Hi,
I have the car back, new phasers, timing chains, guides, tensioneres and a read break set. The engine is now way more silent. No tapping from the top side and all various knocks around are gone (except for wastegates).
No sw upgrade was done along...
Maybe I am picky but I feel like the car lost power, like I was carrying a heavy trailer.
Hope it is just related to the rear breaks, the discs are very hot but on neutral the car moves easily.
Or maybe the gearbox is in relearning process. Will give it some time and see... So far I am at least 50% happy :)

L.

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have the car back, new phasers, timing chains, guides, tensioneres and a read break set. The engine is now way more silent. No tapping from the top side and all various knocks around are gone (except for wastegates).
No sw upgrade was done along...
Maybe I am picky but I feel like the car lost power, like I was carrying a heavy trailer.
Hope it is just related to the rear breaks, the discs are very hot but on neutral the car moves easily.
Or maybe the gearbox is in relearning process. Will give it some time and see... So far I am at least 50% happy :)

L.
Mine needed to relearn after.