Cam Phaser question - no longer covered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I would bring the issue to the Service Manager or GM if necessary. Do you still have the RO from the last visit? You asked them to complete the open recall, they told you it “wasn’t needed”; now you have the issue that the software was specifically released to correct. Not only that, but because of their negligence, you no longer qualify for the extended warranty coverage.

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would bring the issue to the Service Manager or GM if necessary. Do you still have the RO from the last visit? You asked them to complete the open recall, they told you it “wasn’t needed”; now you have the issue that the software was specifically released to correct. Not only that, but because of their negligence, you no longer qualify for the extended warranty coverage.
Ok will do, thanks

MetalDaze

Reaction score
How does it get removed from FordPass?

I had the recall done in November and it was listed on the RO, but it still shows up in the app.

Does that mean it wasn’t done or just not reported correctly? Any way to verify?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How does it get removed from FordPass?

I had the recall done in November and it was listed on the RO, but it still shows up in the app.

Does that mean it wasn’t done or just not reported correctly? Any way to verify?

When the dealer submits the warranty claim, it should trigger it to be removed from OASIS and the FordPass app. It’s normal to still show 21N08 and 21N03; those are just extended warranty coverage, no action is needed. If it still shows 21B10, something is not right.

MetalDaze

Reaction score
When the dealer submits the warranty claim, it should trigger it to be removed from OASIS and the FordPass app. It’s normal to still show 21N08 and 21N03; those are just extended warranty coverage, no action is needed. If it still shows 21B10, something is not right.

Oh, I see. You are right…N03 and N08 are there but not B10.

I think what threw me off is that there was a 2 next to the recall icon before the update and it is still 2 now. Thanks for confirming!

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t feel bad, my wife has patients who threaten to sue her or turn
her into professional reg because they ignore her diagnosis and end up with heath problems because they ignored her. It’s only cash to fix
Your issue and not health effects.

Don’t worry it’s not your fault it is that ****** ford company. Their shit is garbage and if they built it properly you would not have had to ignore the recal.

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any issues getting the phasers replaced with the updated parts? I've been getting the run around since February about the updated parts still on back order.

I've had the re flash done and it made it worse and now the cold start sounds horrible and it's now at idle it sounds like a rod knock, this phaser issue is driving me nuts

Granelli

Reaction score
Ford Corporate (The 800 number) assisted me with a large % of the phasers repair after some haggling. the truck had 78k miles. I paid around 500 out of pocket. It was a lengthy process back and forth on the phone with a dealership that seemed to have all new people working there and not much experience but eventually it was done. The truck is amazing when it is running right, but it's had a few issues that have soured the experience. The current state of back ordered parts, employees and dealers getting back to normal after covid is a whole other story.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to take my 2019 in for a rear pinion seal leak and they strongly told me to do the PCM cam phaser update which I did and so far good to go !!