GEN 2 Cam Phaser just fixed Now This loud noise - starter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What in the actual F. That is sum ********. I see and vary bad survey coming for those idiots.

You don’t get into disagreements or arguments like this at establishments that send out surveys. If they know it’s going to be bad, they will not even send surveys out.

But let’s supposed the management did send out surveys, there’s always a way for an override to occur so an unhappy customer doesn’t get a survey.

Online review aggregators are probably the only sure way to make it “stick”. Make sure it’s accurate, honest and not embellished.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most mechanics these days just replace parts until the problem goes away, diagnostic skills are nonexistent, if a scanning tool doesn't show them where the start line is, they have no idea how to get into the game. I've watched the HVAC trade go this way over the last few years as microprocessors take over diagnostic skills. Parts changers!!

Unfortunately, the entire Trades industry is in the toilet as far as diagnostic skills. There are few tensing old-school technicians who do good diagnostics.

IMO and experience the technician must be taught the theory of operation for the entire system and pass rigorous testing before they can qualify for any level of skill on a given system. If someone understands how the system works and why, the diagnostics task is relatively easy.

OP
OP
R

Rich E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. Bunch of incompetent people.

Why did Galpin refuse to work on the cam phaser issue? How can they/ Isn't it a warranty/recall/tsb issue?
Hey Weimer,
I have tried to get Galpin to do the Cam Phaser fix since the last 2 years. First they told me they were so far behind in the department and put me on a waiting list. I tried again early in covid and they flat out told me they didn't have the staff to do that job. I tried again about 3 months ago and they told me they are not accepting cam phaser work. I would guess if I had bought my truck there ... I might get a different answer ??? Dunno. Yes the cam phaser was fully covered by Ford but I had to go elsewhere and I ended up at the dealership I purchased the truck.

OP
OP
R

Rich E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the bearing on the tension pully is going bad. I had this happen on another car one time.
Hey Mwadsworth,
Thanks for the input. Ford Tech One suggested that there could be an issue with the tensioner. I relayed this to the service department the other day but since they are having trouble duplicating the issue (so they say) then they are reluctant to do anything. I can understand that to a point.

OP
OP
R

Rich E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most mechanics these days just replace parts until the problem goes away, diagnostic skills are nonexistent, if a scanning tool doesn't show them where the start line is, they have no idea how to get into the game. I've watched the HVAC trade go this way over the last few years as microprocessors take over diagnostic skills. Parts changers!!
On a positive.... My home HVAC contractor is older than me and he doesn't use anything that generates a code. Old school M.Fer !!!

OP
OP
R

Rich E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2/22/22 Tuesday afternoon update: (that's a lot of 2s)
Service rep called me and said the 3 year old service manager reached out to ford corporate for assistance for 1) cover the car rental 2) cover the A/C compressor. Ford corporate approved 10 days of car rental and we are waiting on #2 should know in a few hours.

The reason for #2 is my 3rd party warranty is hesitant to approve this work and is sending an inspector over to look at the truck and the service department doesn't think it is going to go well. LOL WTF ???

At least my out of pocket cost for the rental is covered for the rest of this week.

What did I do in a previous life to make this happen? I have never owned a prius, Never owned a Jeep, All my pets have always been rescues...

Stay tuned ... Same bat channel ...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
At least my out of pocket cost for the rental is covered for the rest of this week.

What did I do in a previous life to make this happen? I have never owned a prius, Never owned a Jeep, All my pets have always been rescues...

good news on the rental. This time without the Rap will give you time to reflect on your sins. Consider your penance carefully so that your future Raptor experience is not troubled by the Gods.