GEN 2 Cam Phaser just fixed Now This loud noise - starter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just dropped mine off for a noise and the dealer said cam phasers. I am not sure that’s what it is because it does it when warm.

I will wait to see what they figure out and go from there

Sounds like a rod bearing or wrist pin has play. Have them pull oil filter and cut open inspect for metal first.

Last edited:

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a update. Dealer said the noise is normal but they did find I have the cam phaser rattle so they are doing new phasers. They said I should have it back tomorrow and the book calls for 13hrs to swap phasers. Lol

OP
OP
R

Rich E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update... Truck is back in the shop as of last Tuesday. No word from the dealer until today. The service rep called today to let me know that they need to replace the A/C compressor for the loud screeching and they are going to put that on my 3rd party extended warranty with my $100 deductible. WTF ? The are refusing to admit something went wrong during the reassembly after the Cam Phaser replacement.
Next ... The loud rattle sound ... The tech has no idea what it can be and is not sure what to do next. They are considering ripping the engine open again and do the cam phaser replacement (again). As per our hero Ford Tech One, I strongly suggested to look at the belt tensioner and look for oscillation that coincides with the tapping and rattling sounds.

This is not going well. The dealer will not commit to covering my rental at this point. They will not admit or even consider they have any fault with my issues. I asked the service rep who I need to speak to in order to find out what they are thinking and said maybe I need to call Ford corporate for assistance. I got the service manager's name and the shop floor supervisor's name. YAY !!!

I am holding tight over the weekend and see what they say on Monday. I am hoping a nice weekend will help them think but I am preparing for an unpleasant conversation on Tuesday (just in case).

Stay tuned ...

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hang in there Rich.

Lol update I went to pick mine up Friday and on the test drive the technician smelled oil and found it was leaking oil out and he can’t figure why, so they put me in another loaner and have to wait till Monday.