Cam phaser issue, TSB and dealer responsibility to cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines been in the dealer for 2 weeks. They did the computer update and rattles more now then when it went in. I have a good relationship with the service manager so he has a call in to his Ford Rep to see if the can cover changing the Phasers. Fingers crossed ..
Note 2017 with 125k on the dash.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my CAM phaser update done today. So far so good but mine would rattle every other time and it seems the transmission is relearning things. So we will see if it corrects the problem. Since mine was only on cold starts.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
True so did it fix the issue? Looks like it rattles like 3 times and then the fan kicks on. I am not sure what I would hope to accomplish my complaining. Does it lead to a worsening problem

Last edited:

dirtgod

Reaction score
Mine is back…phaser replacement was done in a couple days. All is well so far. No cold start rattle or other issues. Happy happy!

rushowenlfc

Reaction score
I heard the cam phaser noise on my 2018 Raptor, called Ford and they got it straight into check, miles have to be under 70k mine had 68500, they heard the noise got it in immediately gave me a loaner, no charge. They were excellent in every way. Way to go Ford very impressed with all around service.

AmaRaptor

Reaction score
I heard the cam phaser noise on my 2018 Raptor, called Ford and they got it straight into check, miles have to be under 70k mine had 68500, they heard the noise got it in immediately gave me a loaner, no charge. They were excellent in every way. Way to go Ford very impressed with all around service.
Did you have an extended warranty or were you covered under the TSB?

haberman13

Reaction score
I just had mine done -- $2300 from the dealer.

- 4/mpg better
- engine MUCH smoother
- shifting smoother

They did do the software update and used the new part #