Cam phaser issue, TSB and dealer responsibility to cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just had mine done -- $2300 from the dealer.

- 4/mpg better
- engine MUCH smoother
- shifting smoother

They did do the software update and used the new part #
4mpg better? Callin bull$it on that. 4mpg better than what?

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealer.
They want to do the "cam phaser" reprogram on my 2018.
Why now?
Originally they told me if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Quite a while ago, I was in for service and asked about the program.
Was told the program had ended.
Out of nowhere, now they want to do it.
Guess I'll have it done...not

I want that extra 4mpg ;-)

Last edited:

jtw2389

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Saw this thread since I am going through it right now with my 2017 3.5 EB right now. I had the TSB applied 12,000 miles ago, and it is now happening again, same symptoms. I called Ford, they are offering me no assistance since I am 10 months out of my warranty. Does anyone know what the CST was for, specifically? They said nothing had been issued for my vehicle. Any help from you all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Saw this thread since I am going through it right now with my 2017 3.5 EB right now. I had the TSB applied 12,000 miles ago, and it is now happening again, same symptoms. I called Ford, they are offering me no assistance since I am 10 months out of my warranty. Does anyone know what the CST was for, specifically? They said nothing had been issued for my vehicle. Any help from you all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
We’re gonna need a little more background than that. It’s also customary to introduce yourself in the new members section first.

Details, such a mileage, TSB number, bought new/used, recalls performed, vehicle repair and maintenance history, etc. are all relevant.