Cam Phaser issue after repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

scottegm

Reaction score
Where did I go.. Picture of the Gopher lol. Ok so I'm back. Now I'm told its the exhaust, or something in the exhaust set up? It's not covered under any warranty because it's part of the Exhaust system. What do you guys think of this?

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted about this in a thread "Titled whirring sound on deceleration", but for convenience I'll post it here for you. Took the truck to my local dealer because I had a rattle that sounded like it was coming from under the truck in the back at about 900-1200 RPM. They said it sounded like it was coming from inside the exhaust. I was beyond the 3/36k bumper to bumper warranty and exhausts are explicitly excluded from the Ford ESP. Go figure. $1200 for the job. Long story short, I replaced just the stock muffler with a Flowmaster and indeed the noise is gone. Maybe this helps. Maybe not. Cost me less than $500 for the muffler and I swapped it out in my driveway one evening.

OP
OP
S

scottegm

Reaction score
If your Raptor is still under the Ford warranty period and the exhaust is OEM…you’re covered.
Thanks, unfortunately I'm past the 3 / 36,000. Dealer pulled a fast one on me and sold me a aftermarket extended warranty so they told me its not covered with the warranty I have. They said the Ford extended warranty would not have cover it either. What is strange is right after they installed the cam phasers this all started.
Recap: so, the new cam phasers stopped the woodpecker noise on cold start but now I have the woodpecker noise (pretty bad) in deceleration after the engine warms up.
How is this a exhaust problem?

OP
OP
S

scottegm

Reaction score
I posted about this in a thread "Titled whirring sound on deceleration", but for convenience I'll post it here for you. Took the truck to my local dealer because I had a rattle that sounded like it was coming from under the truck in the back at about 900-1200 RPM. They said it sounded like it was coming from inside the exhaust. I was beyond the 3/36k bumper to bumper warranty and exhausts are explicitly excluded from the Ford ESP. Go figure. $1200 for the job. Long story short, I replaced just the stock muffler with a Flowmaster and indeed the noise is gone. Maybe this helps. Maybe not. Cost me less than $500 for the muffler and I swapped it out in my driveway one evening.

Thank you, I will check on this. May I ask you what muffler/ part number you ordered and that this is for the v-6 ECO boost that I have correct?