Cam Phaser Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im currently in the market for a 2gen and this scares the living crap outta me and makes me start to think i should be looking for a different truck... other than the ticking noise being unbearable does it cause any actual damage or is it just the sound?
I have an 18 with 37k on it. I disabled auto start stop and also change my oil between 3/4K using amsoil, I’m also modded with a tune and front mount intercooler. Not sure if frequent oil changes have any factor of my truck not having any issues.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I have an 18 with 37k on it. I disabled auto start stop and also change my oil between 3/4K using amsoil, I’m also modded with a tune and front mount intercooler. Not sure if frequent oil changes have any factor of my truck not having any issues.

thanks for the input! The truck I’m looking at has 70k miles but it was a single owner and had servicing every 5-6kmiles which seemed impressive and the truck is very clean and loaded to the brim so I figured with a good extended warranty I should be fine

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input! The truck I’m looking at has 70k miles but it was a single owner and had servicing every 5-6kmiles which seemed impressive and the truck is very clean and loaded to the brim so I figured with a good extended warranty I should be fine

to be clear, oil change timing and oil type have nothing to do with this issue. It’s pretty well documented here with the multitude of threads regarding the issue. I am currently looking for a gen1 13/14 Roush Raptor because I just didn’t want the hassle if it came up.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
You just gotta buy it. Then dial her in while you drive and enjoy her.

yeah i am excited but when you read something so frequently brought up as a major issue it just rubs you the wrong way sometimes and makes you second guess a lot especially when its $50k+ lol

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i am excited but when you read something so frequently brought up as a major issue it just rubs you the wrong way sometimes and makes you second guess a lot especially when its $50k+ lol

Every high performance vehicle has potential to grenade. Honestly. This truck is amazing.
There are thousands of more Raptors that have not had alot of these issues discussed here. Just go in being aware and knowledgeable. This forum has helped me out already. Have fun.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It's not a "major issue". It doesn't affect engine performance or longevity. However, Ford just released a customer satisfaction bulletin for the noise concerns, which includes a software update and phaser replacement (with the updated parts) at no charge to the customer, even if you're out of warranty.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
It's not a "major issue". It doesn't affect engine performance or longevity. However, Ford just released a customer satisfaction bulletin for the noise concerns, which includes a software update and phaser replacement (with the updated parts) at no charge to the customer, even if you're out of warranty.

do you happen to have a link or tsb etc? Trying to do 100% read watch before buying this upcoming week hopefully

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score