Cam Phaser Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does Ford have a fix for this issue yet or are they just swapping out parts?
My 18 just started knocking after the dealer forgot to use my Mobil One and put in conventional oil. I picked up a metal oil pan for the repair but they are waiting for a engine mechanic. I’m thinking I may wait if this is going to be a part swap.

moonjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is scheduled to go in for the rattle on start up. At first the foreman said there was a TSB for this, but after one day and more research he said it does not apply to raptors...soo i don't think ford is taking this seriously. I think they are going to replace phasers and chain on mine and reflash computer. If it gets fixed and pops back up again im trading truck in for v8 and sending it to pax in texas.

Txsparky

Reaction score
Mine has been in the shop for three weeks because of this. The parts came in yesterday.

cwh

Reaction score
Just reported my issue to my dealer. They said there is a TSB for this. Replace all 4 phasers, check chain, replace tensioners and only replace solenoids if they need it. I have an 18 raptor and he said it would take 3 days in shop. You can drive it in the meantime, won’t do any harm.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles did you have when you noticed the issue? I’ve got a ‘19, but it’s pretty much a street queen, so many how hard it’s driven factors in. I’ve got 8500 miles.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if quality of oil and how frequently it’s changed has any effect?? I have been using Amsoil synthetic and change at 3/4K. First oil change at 700 miles. Mine has been good for 13k on an 18 with the metal oil pan.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt it. I used Amsoil synthetic on my wife's 2018 F150 and it had it at 16k.

Or the flip side is that you will get it as you used amsoil.

:(

I wonder if quality of oil and how frequently it’s changed has any effect?? I have been using Amsoil synthetic and change at 3/4K. First oil change at 700 miles. Mine has been good for 13k on an 18 with the metal oil pan.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

I don't change mine until the truck tells me to. I change it myself, mobile 1 and Ford filter. No telling what the dealer would put in it though.

29.5k, no noises.

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just reported my issue to my dealer. They said there is a TSB for this. Replace all 4 phasers, check chain, replace tensioners and only replace solenoids if they need it. I have an 18 raptor and he said it would take 3 days in shop. You can drive it in the meantime, won’t do any harm.
I would like to know the tsb number for this