Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine wasn’t removed either and it only took 2 days from start to finish

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They can do it either way. I've seen multiple Ford techs say it's an easier job when they lift the cab. I think people would be surprised how easily our cabs can be removed.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They can do it either way. I've seen multiple Ford techs say it's an easier job when they lift the cab. I think people would be surprised how easily our cabs can be removed.
Yeah i’m just trying to wrap my head around what needs to be disconnected to lift the cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TigerRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck came back home yesterday better than new. Apparently I got use to how bad it ran over the last 18months. Idles and accelerates much smoother.

Hopefully it is fixed for good. Reconnecting all my accessories with quick disconnects in case the body has to come off again.

I do still have a metallic ping when I start it. I thought might be part of the Came Phaser issue. Apparently not. Anybody else have this?

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck came back home yesterday better than new. Apparently I got use to how bad it ran over the last 18months. Idles and accelerates much smoother.

Hopefully it is fixed for good. Reconnecting all my accessories with quick disconnects in case the body has to come off again.

I do still have a metallic ping when I start it. I thought might be part of the Came Phaser issue. Apparently not. Anybody else have this?
ya mine had that ping on start up also

Status
Not open for further replies.