Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guarantee its a delay or some other BS. I cant tell u how many times they have lied to me when mines in the shop. Review the dash cam footage proved it.
Wish I had a dashcam working for the past 3 weeks - probably would have shown the mechanic playing a lot of solitaire on his computer waiting for parts or some other BS.

jstnumber73

Reaction score
Well... Started the truck tonight and it made the noise everyone is reporting for the cam phaser issue. I was hoping I got a good one with 22k miles on it now. Guess not. Anyone go to a Platinum 5.0 and regret it? I'm thinking of going that route with a supercharger installed by ford for the warranty. I'm tired of dealing with all the problems in this truck.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues from Ford with having aftermarket parts/tunes on their trucks & developing the cam phaser issue? Have they denied anybody warranty on this matter due to having a tune or aftermarket parts? Can they since this is a pretty well known issue? This is the only thing holding me back from tuning my truck currently.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues from Ford with having aftermarket parts/tunes on their trucks & developing the cam phaser issue? Have they denied anybody warranty on this matter due to having a tune or aftermarket parts? Can they since this is a pretty well known issue? This is the only thing holding me back from tuning my truck currently.

I had mine denied warranty work when I just did an intake, downpipes, and a basic tune. I seriously doubt they would touch mine now with all the other changes I have made. Curious to hear others to see if they had push back.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine denied warranty work when I just did an intake, downpipes, and a basic tune. I seriously doubt they would touch mine now with all the other changes I have made. Curious to hear others to see if they had push back.

But for the cam phaser issue, especially if the TSB for it comes out... I think that’d be something they couldn’t deny. Now, if you blow an engine or something.. they’ll deny warranty in a heartbeat.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The bottom line is that there is a risk. Probably small if the TSB applies to your truck, but a risk nonetheless. It wouldn't be enough of a risk to stop me from tuning, but that a personal decision only you can make based on your risk tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts