Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So bumper to bumper is 3yr or 36000 miles.
powertrain is 5yr or 60000

And this goes under the warranty of powertrain right

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by Ford rep just now that i only get 3yr/36k miles . If i want anything more i had to pay for extra warranty

WraptorBoy

Reaction score
I was told by Ford rep just now that i only get 3yr/36k miles . If i want anything more i had to pay for extra warranty

Read the manual. The Raptor supplemental clearly states that the warranty for the Raptor is the same as the F-150.

You should call the Ford hotline and tell them your dealer is giving out false information and you'd like something done about it because that is complete BS.

It's one thing that a new sales rep may not know that the Raptor is the same warrantly as the F-150, but in any case, the powertrain is 5/60 as previously stated.

Last edited:

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any coverage from ford after the 5yr/60k? I thought I read where some people were using the longer emissions warranty to get the job covered.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I highly doubt you would get Ford to do cam phasers under the emissions warranty. Anything is possible, but that is not likely.

You can buy an extend warranty anytime before the 3/36 is up.

WraptorBoy

Reaction score
Is there any coverage from ford after the 5yr/60k? I thought I read where some people were using the longer emissions warranty to get the job covered.

In one of the youtube videos from 2011, "FordTechMakuloco" stated that the particular cam phaser issue TSB he was referring to would be covered under the emmisions warranty. I don't know if that was something different.

It wouldn't hurt to ask. Some dealers are probably cool enough to do it, if they can, but who knows.

Or, like mentioned, get the extended warranty for a grand or two and "discover the issue" a few months later so it can be covered. My understanding is you can get them anytime but the mileage has to be below 41K.

There are some vids on youtube where they show you how to do the whole job, if you are so inclined. Pretty cool.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@lawdog

Do you really want to make the dealer perform a repair they are clearly sending signals to you they don’t want to do? That might be ok for a Focus, but not a Raptor.

You definitely want a competent wrench turner here. It sounds like they’re signaling they don’t have that.

Go elsewhere.

Yep. The lack of candor/represented experience is very concerning. As I said above, the biggest service department in the state is at another dealer, but they are 6-8 weeks for an appointment for anything other than basic service/oil change.

dburb

Reaction score
Took my 2018 Raptor to the dealer and the service writer said they are doing about two or three cam phasers a week. He said they are getting returns for a re-do. The mechanic said the SSM said replace all four cam phasers he also said he would wait until they have a TSB and that a TSB means they have a valid fix not so with a SSM.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently my dealer found the proper paperwork to do all four phasers, they said parts came from out of state, but they opted to replace all four.
No charge, all under warranty.
I pick it up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.