Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@lawdog

Do you really want to make the dealer perform a repair they are clearly sending signals to you they don’t want to do? That might be ok for a Focus, but not a Raptor.

You definitely want a competent wrench turner here. It sounds like they’re signaling they don’t have that.

Go elsewhere.

RMB_Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@lawdog

Do you really want to make the dealer perform a repair they are clearly sending signals to you they don’t want to do? That might be ok for a Focus, but not a Raptor.

You definitely want a competent wrench turner here. It sounds like they’re signaling they don’t have that.

Go elsewhere.
You make a valid point as demented as it is that a dealer you spend loads of hard earned money with just has to treat you like crap and lie to you to get out of something they want to do. Sad, but your statements true

Setting new standards

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be sure to tell them why they are losing a good customer forever. Tell the owner and GM.

WraptorBoy

Reaction score
And you should call Ford and lodge a formal complaint with them about this dealer and their attitude.

No one needs a-hole dealers around...

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dropped my 2018 SCREW for the 15k service and mentioned the ticking/clacking on cold start-up and insisted they come up with an answer this time. They called later to say they have a TSB on the ticking and they will now tear the engine down and fix something related to the pass. side cam. They said 4 days minimum - hopefully by Friday but I'll bet by Monday.

Schmagagled

Reaction score
I have an '18 802A that was built on "day 1" in July of 17. It's got 33k now and I've had the slight tapping noise from what seems like the right side of the engine as well as a faint rattling when first started. I did have a P012 ( I think that's it) and wrench light at one point and so the tech and SM have the truck awaiting cam phasers and also will replace the HP fuel pump at the same time (that's mounted to the top of the right side valve cover area and they think that's what the "valve tap" sound is).

S.

spiekmic

Reaction score
2018 SCAB
Build Date 10/2017

Just started hearing this rattling noise around 25k miles. Dealer diagnosed it as this cam phaser issue. Took 10 days for parts to come in. Was repaired under factory warranty in 2 days.
Looks like they replaced the cam phasers, changed the oil and engine coolant.

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford tells me that is under warranty till 3yr or 36000 miles, is this true

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford tells me that is under warranty till 3yr or 36000 miles, is this true

Powertrain warranty, not bumper-to-bumper, so 5yr/60,000 mile or if you got an extended warranty..whatever that adds on to the powertrain warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.