Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully its fully fixed and doesnt occur again.

What parts were changed?

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer here in SC acting like they can't hear it/replicate it, and denying they've ever had to repair one on any F150...

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealer here in SC acting like they can't hear it/replicate it, and denying they've ever had to repair one on any F150...
Document it with dated videos and keep bringing it in to dealers. Hopefully they get it sorted out for you.
Make sure you vote in the cam phaser poll on here.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Document it with dated videos and keep bringing it in to dealers. Hopefully they get it sorted out for you.
Make sure you vote in the cam phaser poll on here.

They had my truck for a week and said they tested it against a new one and it sounded the same. I videoed it the first morning I had it back and the next three making the telltale rattle at startup, and have sent those videos along with these threads to the dealer. It's disappointing, because they are one of the largest in SC, but they clearly do not want to do this repair. I'm going to send them the pictures of your repair invoice next.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They had my truck for a week and said they tested it against a new one and it sounded the same. I videoed it the first morning I had it back and the next three making the telltale rattle at startup, and have sent those videos along with these threads to the dealer. It's disappointing, because they are one of the largest in SC, but they clearly do not want to do this repair. I'm going to send them the pictures of your repair invoice next.
Get the newest repair with the ssm 48053 number that another member posted. I do not have the most recent fix and already have the start up noise coming back.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the newest repair with the ssm 48053 number that another member posted. I do not have the most recent fix and already have the start up noise coming back.

Thank you...will do.

If you or anyone else knows, what is the timetable from when this issue starts occurring to when there is real damage done/potentially done to the engine? My other option for service is a dealer which has the largest fleet service program in the state, and they are a 6-8 week window for service scheduling outside of simple oil changes, etc. Thanks to all for all the good info in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.