Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by Quaesta, Dec 5, 2018.

1. r3run33

r3run33 Full Access Member

here is a vid

2. Nelsonm6

Nelsonm6 Member

Same issue - 2017 w/ 30k miles

The dealer has indicated several weeks for parts delivery. Does anyone know if I'm causing any additional damage by continuing to drive it?

Thank you!

3. RMB_Ryan

RMB_Ryan Full Access Member

Like she does

Setting new standards

4. moonjim

moonjim Member

Its really not so much of a pain getting something done under warrenty its dealing with the dealership, my parts are all in last Thursday and the only guy that can do the job goes on leave while my truck sits on his rack......Arrrrrgh

5. tmd11111

tmd11111 Full Access Member

Recorded a video of mine with the noise on cold start. Mechanic knew what it was and said they’ll order the parts and drive it in the mean time. Parts came a week later. Set appointment and had it back in 2 days.

Booth9999 and aalonso like this.
  6. Crash45

Crash45 Full Access Member

So question for the Raptor family...
    I "should" be getting my truck back tomorrow. My cab came off twice during this 2.5 month process and that makes me uneasy. What should I keep an eye out for when I take possession of my truck? I know I am going to double check panel fitment, engine, skid plates, and the usual things, but do they mess with the interior when the cab comes off? Has anyone had any problems with something not up to your standards? I want to really dig through it. What am I missing?

7. Cody Soele

Cody Soele Full Access Member

Really not a big deal pulling the cab, these techs do it all day everyday. Make sure washer fluid lines are still connected, ac working properly, no whine in power steering. Brake pedal feels good. I would also check coolant level after a few days and cab bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Fastback89

Fastback89 Full Access Member

That sucks that the cab must be removed for the Phasers. When the truck is 10 or more years old that will more than likely be a much worse repair

9. moonjim

moonjim Member

Ive seen a lot of videos of cam phaser repair nobody removes cab so not sure why they would do this? they don't even remove rad or intercooler for the repair. its all right there in front?

Rappie and Booth9999 like this.
  10. EricM

EricM FRF Addict

Time. The tech doing the work is good at removing cabs and the time spent doing that is recouped by not having the engine bay surrounding what he is working on. They aren't pulling the cab just for fun, that's for sure.