Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took mine in last Thursday here it is almost a week and now they are ordering the cam phasers. Why does it take so long? Oh and was told takes a week to get them? Does Ford store these parts on a ship in the middle of the ocean? WTF

Reactions: Wfo

Crash45

Reaction score
Mines been in the shop for 2 months now for this...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turbo_lander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just any update. Got mine back 6 weeks ago and noticing a rattle but different from before. Happens hot or cold and after the motor runs for about 10 second then rattles for 5-8 seconds then goes away.

Not sure if the timing chains or cam phasers again?

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I now have developed a cold start clunk/thump. It sounds like metal on metal at start up after it sits for 10+ hours. Almost like someone hits a thick pipe with a wrench. I don't even think I have 1k miles post repair.

Crash45

Reaction score
They put my Raptor back together with new phasers, started it, and it rattled. Then they tore it all apart and put a new head on it. Now waiting for some back ordered turbo supply something or other that aren’t reusable.

2nd truck in a row for me. My 2012 ecoboost had it. They have me in a 5.0 f150 loaner. 600 miles on it when I got it. Had it for 2 months. Idles like a complete POS. Feels like 3 of 8 cylinders work. I mean come on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Crash45

Reaction score
Oh Lord,
Please help me get my truck back. Please help Ford get the parts I need to bring my beloved truck back from the grave. Please be with my poor service manager in his time of need...

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to your prayer list. Mine went in on Tuesday and praying myself to get it back before the weekend. Last cam phaser replacement, a little less than 1 year ago, the high pressure fuel pump went out on the same day I got her back (took 3 more weeks to get the part in). It was a total of 7 consecutive weeks in the shop. Crossing my fingers too.

Crash45

Reaction score
Mine went in JUNE 28th...

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OUchhhhhh.. over 2 months.... I do feel your pain and can sympathize but I know I was going crazy at 7 weeks.. I had an explorer for the first 4 weeks, then a fusion for the last 3.. A truck loaner would have made it a little more bareable.

Status
Not open for further replies.