Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Those are different numbers from what I think are part numbers from previously reported repairs. I want to say... @OPT PRIME (?)

I could have committed a typo, maybe someone who’s had the repair can comment.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts finally came in... just dropped mine off for all 4 cam puasers and an oil change. Should be ready Monday or Tuesday.

Will post results.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the only Parts retooled are the cam phasers? Everything else is the same?

RMB_Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the only Parts retooled are the cam phasers? Everything else is the same?
You can tell by the A B or C at the end of each part number what iteration they are on. Some timing components are A some B some C. I’ve taken apart A B and C and without testing the heat treat or scanning with precision laser for some dim we cannot take accurately like a small .150” hole, and so on, they have nothing visually different. Maybe the retaining pin, or the external spring had changes. Whatever they are they did this on the gen1’s.

I’m pretty confident in some solutions we have been implementing being we haven’t had any customers with issues other than one random broken guide where it is a 1/4” plastic and a structural weak point of the guide. Billet we shall go, that cant happen again, freak oem part failure. Zero phaser issues though

Crash45

Reaction score
You can tell by the A B or C at the end of each part number what iteration they are on. Some timing components are A some B some C. I’ve taken apart A B and C and without testing the heat treat or scanning with precision laser for some dim we cannot take accurately like a small .150” hole, and so on, they have nothing visually different. Maybe the retaining pin, or the external spring had changes. Whatever they are they did this on the gen1’s.

I’m pretty confident in some solutions we have been implementing being we haven’t had any customers with issues other than one random broken guide where it is a 1/4” plastic and a structural weak point of the guide. Billet we shall go, that cant happen again, freak oem part failure. Zero phaser issues though

I’m dropping mine off pretty soon while I go on vacation. I noticed someone referenced the part number for the new cam phaser as HL3Z6M280 A. I sent that part number to my service advisor to see if he could get it. He said they have it in stock at the Ford parts house here in Houston, and he said it was a “pretty new part number”. Just reading your post, Is “A” a completely new part number from the “C” you listed? I just want to make sure I’m gettin the right parts. I sure would like a parts list with tensioners and what-nots if anyone can put that together.

Thanks...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TigerRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m dropping mine off pretty soon while I go on vacation. I noticed someone referenced the part number for the new cam phaser as HL3Z6M280 A. I sent that part number to my service advisor to see if he could get it. He said they have it in stock at the Ford parts house here in Houston, and he said it was a “pretty new part number”. Just reading your post, Is “A” a completely new part number from the “C” you listed? I just want to make sure I’m gettin the right parts. I sure would like a parts list with tensioners and what-nots if anyone can put that together.

Thanks...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Crash,

I brought mine in to order parts and the Phasers on order have C as the last digit in the part number. I believe C is the newest part on the Phasers. Not sure on the others. I am fighting with Ford now on the other parts. I will post the part numbers after I win the battle.

RMB_Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crash,

I brought mine in to order parts and the Phasers on order have C as the last digit in the part number. I believe C is the newest part on the Phasers. Not sure on the others. I am fighting with Ford now on the other parts. I will post the part numbers after I win the battle.
This is correct I’ll post them tomorrow too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the early signs of your cam phasers going? Rattle on start up but only on cold start ups in the morning.

Mods
Jb4
AWE 2FG 2019 with 6k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.