Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Quaesta

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2017 Raptor with 20K miles on it 3 months ago. In that 3 months, I have had the APIM replaced, the Mirror because the Auto Headlights did not work correctly, and I had the Cam Phasers, Tensioners, Timing Chain etc. Changed out this week. 3 Things I can be Thankful for.

1. I have an awesome Ford Dealer that does great service work and has been very quick to deal with every issue. APIM was backordered for 2 weeks, but they diagnosed very quickly, and replaced Quickly. Cam Phaser was diagnosed quickly, then fixed in a total of 3 days.
2. I bought the 100K Ford Premium ESP......
3. The Raptor is not my Primary Vehicle

I guess I had too much good luck with Previous F150's before this one. I have owned a 1998 F150 sold with 40K and no fixes needed. A 2002 SuperCab 5.4L that I put 190K on it before I sold it and only did maintenance on it. Not a Single Breakdown or repair done. A 2010 SuperCrew 5.4L that I put 90K on it with only doing Maintenance and not a Single repair. A 2015 F150 Platinum SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost traded with 40K and only maintenance done to it.

I have a feeling that I will be getting rid of the Raptor I own before the Extended warranty is up. This is One Bad A__ truck, but I would not roll the dice on owning this truck without a Warranty. This truck has probably had $8K of warranty work done to it in 90 days....
Sorry to hear about your problems but sounds like you got a lemon. The truth is for every truck with problems there are 99 with no issues.

atl_raptor

Reaction score
Just for an update:

In my 4th month at the dealer, the rockers finally arrived today. Reassembly can start now.

Reactions: Wfo

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for an update:

In my 4th month at the dealer, the rockers finally arrived today. Reassembly can start now.

Did your engine grenade, or did they just fix it? My dealer said to just let it blow up since they figured the wait for service would be forever. They said if I wait, new parts might be available.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your engine grenade, or did they just fix it? My dealer said to just let it blow up since they figured the wait for service would be forever. They said if I wait, new parts might be available.

They have to be able to drag you out of the lemon law period.

Just wait

atl_raptor

Reaction score

It still ran, but I just left it at the dealer. Made terrible noises. Then parts went on backorder so I was out for a while.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
right but sasquatch77 doesn’t have a raptor, or a Ford but complains mightily about all things ecoboost.
whatever happened to kid ignoramus anyway? last post was just prior to their next account registration.
:hmmm2:

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right but sasquatch77 doesn’t have a raptor, or a Ford but complains mightily about all things ecoboost.
whatever happened to kid ignoramus anyway? last post was just prior to their next account registration.
:hmmm2:

True!

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They need a fix before they need the truck. LOL

No sasquatch here and I feel that is what has gone on with my truck. My sounds have expanded. I now have a metallic on and off sound for a second to 3 for the first minute or two while turned on. It sounds bad and then has a diesel tone when heated up to operating temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.